Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lupe Fiascos "The Cool"

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    The album of the year is out on the net, go get it if your a fan of hip hop. Ive only listened to the first two songs, and I can say with confidence that he is the best rapper alive.

2. Music   -   #2
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It wasn't that good man. Too mainstream. Food & Liquor was much better, but i wasn't a fan of them album either. Best rapper alive? This is why hip-hop is where it's at. I hope to one day revive hip-hop cause i'm a producer and musician myself.
    Last edited by grimms; 12-15-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: edit

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. Music   -   #3
    Are you serious, how is this album too mainstream? This album reminds me more of fort minor than Food and Liquor. Best rapper alive? Yeah, its quite possible. Hes one of the only people out there doing something different, hes always done it differently. You find me a Lupe song promoting violence or drug abuse. Lupe is not killing hip hop, hes keeping it alive it anything. Everyones walking around with the same old thing, and someone comes along with something different and original and the dude gets hated on for it. Thats why hip hop is where its at.
    Last edited by Smith; 12-18-2007 at 04:42 AM.

4. Music   -   #4
    I'm not hating on Lupe. I'm a Hip-Hop producer and fan of hip-hop myself. Just not really into his style of hip-hop. He's a beast on a wordplay though. Also i'll give him credit for stepping up his breath control, but the production was a little far out there.

Also i been listening to hip-hop since 1986, SLick Rick, Krs-One, LL, Run DMC era, and been producing it since 1995, Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Tupac era. As far as hip-hop now? Yea it's generic, horrible to say the least but theres still talent out there. Lupe is a breath of fresh air to some. Just not to me. But i do respect his wordplay. I'll give him that.
    Last edited by grimms; 12-19-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. Music   -   #5
    His best work is in his mixtapes, but I get what your saying.

6. Music   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Well after a good listen, I can say his style is definitely different which is good. I'm not into the album much though, I preferred his stuff with mike shinoda on the the fort. minor album.
    Last edited by S!X; 12-23-2007 at 11:29 PM.

7. Music   -   #7
    got milk BT Rep: +2
    album was alright, the guy does have lyrical ability.

Also I will have to agree with grimms hip-hop is losing its touch, many of the artists are in it for the money and will do about just anything. ALSO im shaking my head at the fact that little brother's new album (get it if you haven't already), track 3 features Lil Wayne..

8. Music   -   #8
    Waynes a whore, hes on everyones album.

9. Music   -   #9
    Damn Lil Waynes on Little Brothers album. Wonder if they fell off since 9th Wonder left them. Gotta check it out when i get a chance.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Also i'll give him credit for stepping up his breath control...
    So true!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast