Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I No Longer Want A Torrent I am Downloading...

...Is there any way to stop the download and just upload it? I'm using my first private tracker and I'm trying to download something that is 1.36 gigs with 6 seeds. I am the only leecher and my download speed is pathetically slow. I don't want to waste 23 hours on this. Can I stop the download and just upload what I've taken? I am using uTorrent.
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    yes u can stop it since u havent download full torrent u can stop..and also u dont need to seedback what u have downloaded because that is only when u download full torrent

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    All right, mang. Thanks a lot for the help! Herrick is going to unphuck this torrent.
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i wouldn't stop it but i would seed it. go into the options of that torrent and set all of the files to do not download and you will seed only what you have downloaded. not all bt clients support this but the main ones like azureus, utorrent, rtorrent, and so support it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    FTN Please :) BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    i wouldn't stop it but i would seed it. go into the options of that torrent and set all of the files to do not download and you will seed only what you have downloaded. not all bt clients support this but the main ones like azureus, utorrent, rtorrent, and so support it.
    Another option could be to set downlaod speed for that particular torrent to 0.1kB..... this way u wont b downloading anything significant and could still seed what you have downloaded....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes set download speed to 0.1kb and it will just seed away without downloading much more additional data.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    carpediemm's Avatar FST bitch BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes, double click on the torrent and set something low, then you will just seed
    Seize the Day

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I don't agree with setting the Download speed to something like .5kbs ect... as it can still affect the upload speed.

Herrick the best way to build up some sort of a buffer when you join any tracker is to "partial seed".

Do as I say here by grabbing smaller parts of files and when u build up a bit higher ratio, then grab bigger files and before you know it you'll have a nice gb buffer and then you can download full big files with no worries.

Ok so log into your site and try find a really new release pref 4gb or over in size.

Download as usual but when you get to say 200MB look down on your uTorrent interface and you'll see 3 tabs which are "GENERAL", "FILE","LOGGER"

So you click on the "FILE" tab and you'll see lots of different .rar files.....so highlight 1 .rar file then on your keyboard hold down he Ctrl key and then click the A key on your keyboard at the same time...

That will highlight ALL the .rar pieces, so now right click on any .rar piece and in the list that appears click on "don't download".

Now uTorrent will close off the torrent fully even though you only downloaded 200MB of a 4gb file and you will seed back at 100% speed.

Hope this help

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    I don't agree with setting the Download speed to something like .5kbs ect... as it can still affect the upload speed.

Herrick the best way to build up some sort of a buffer when you join any tracker is to "partial seed".

Do as I say here by grabbing smaller parts of files and when u build up a bit higher ratio, then grab bigger files and before you know it you'll have a nice gb buffer and then you can download full big files with no worries.

Ok so log into your site and try find a really new release pref 4gb or over in size.

Download as usual but when you get to say 200MB look down on your uTorrent interface and you'll see 3 tabs which are "GENERAL", "FILE","LOGGER"

So you click on the "FILE" tab and you'll see lots of different .rar files.....so highlight 1 .rar file then on your keyboard hold down he Ctrl key and then click the A key on your keyboard at the same time...

That will highlight ALL the .rar pieces, so now right click on any .rar piece and in the list that appears click on "don't download".

Now uTorrent will close off the torrent fully even though you only downloaded 200MB of a 4gb file and you will seed back at 100% speed.

Hope this help
    This is the best way you can do....I used this several times....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Fisherman, thanks for the heads up... I have been doing things the way Danielle87 and the others describe but your method is definitely better

The Spirit of Something Greater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast