Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this crap even work...TCP/IP patch windows xp sp2?

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Does this make a diff on my upload speed, and will i be able to seed more torrents at the same time?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    The only thing you are really doing, IMHO, is making sure your MTU is set at about 1500

The Spirit of Something Greater

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I believe so since the amounts of allowed connections made to your pc would increase see LVlLords site and get his patch if you need it.

http://www.lvllord.de/?url=4226patch/faq&lang=en

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    So it's pointless, it's just a myth?
    Why hell do they even advertise this crap....if it really doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    I believe so since the amounts of allowed connections made to your pc would increase see LVlLords site and get his patch if you need it.

http://www.lvllord.de/?url=4226patch/faq&lang=en
    Ya i tried it but don't see any diff.
    And the english version has a virus in it!!!
    Last edited by tweakz; 12-14-2007 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Also if I remember correctly in the past if you didn't apply the patch and you would look under computer management-> system tools-> event viewer-> system you would constantly get connections limit exceeded warnings if there were alot leechers trying to connect to you.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, since its been a while since I seen that warning and I have had my xp patched for a long time.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Also if I remember correctly in the past if you didn't apply the patch and you would look under computer management-> system tools-> event viewer-> system you would constantly get connections limit exceeded warnings if there were alot leechers trying to connect to you.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, since its been a while since I seen that warning and I have had my xp patched for a long time.
    Sorry bro...i don't know about that, but what was ur settings with the patch?
    Maybe I'm setting it up wrong.

I need to ask u something, is there a way to get more peers when seeding? I only get like 1 or 2 if I'm lucky, i don't understand how i get sooo few, from such amazing sites like scc,ftn & TT Wtf...lol I need help

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well I did the default setting that the patch applies which I believe is 50 connections which I think is more then enough for torrents. As for not being able to get more peers when you are seeding could it be maybe that you are not connectible because of your ports?

Or maybe there just aren't that many peers leeching. you might want to test the utorrent connection to see if you have your ports forwarded correctly under options-> speed guide on your utorrent client.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Well for starters my peer guardian 2 was blocking my utorrent port, so i shut it down and it now says OK in green. Btw does this pg2 crap even work, and is it necessary?
    I wish u where at my house to show me if every thing in config right...lol I learn fn quick though, I'm a pc technician, i pick things up quickly when explained properly.
    P.S Should i even use that patch crap?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    It works and it is not a virus. It technically allows you to establish as many outbound tcp connections as you configure it to. There is a limit in windows xp by default for that and this patch is basically to remove it. You will connect to more peers quickly with it

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jr56 View Post
    It works and it is not a virus. It technically allows you to establish as many outbound tcp connections as you configure it to. There is a limit in windows xp by default for that and this patch is basically to remove it. You will connect to more peers quickly with it
    Try to open up the english version, & u will see that nothing opens, then use nod32 and do a full scan.
    U will then see what I'm talking about, i just remove it like 20mins ago!

BTW...whats the best way to setup the patch????

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast