Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can My Company People Check What I Am Downloading

Originally posted by balamm+25 July 2003 - 08:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (balamm &#064; 25 July 2003 - 08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gooch2k@25 July 2003 - 08:32
    Hey balamm, if Shania Twain&#39;s yours then can I borrow her for a bit?&nbsp;
    nO wAY&#33;&#33; I got screwed figuratively the last time I fell for a deal like tHaT&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    :&#39;(

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    im LMAO here, u guys are funny&#33;

p.s. me prefers lil ol&#39; meg&#33;&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Do you really want to risk losing your job? As has been stated already GET YOUR OWN BROADBAND&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Every single thing you do on a computer at work can be monitored.

It&#39;s been well established(in the US anyways) that businesses have a legal right to monitor phone calls and any computer use. As long as they own it, they can do whatever they want.

Even if you connect your own PC to their network, don&#39;t expect any privacy.

That being said. Get back to fuckin&#39; work&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    chalkmongoose
    Lazy, lazy, lazy. Wait, I bet I&#39;m really smart...
    The company uses a hi-speed 45 meg VPN connection, you connect to it from work AND home, and d/l KL....
    Well, good bye job...
    I&#39;ll see you in the job market tomorrow.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by dr_lollirock@25 July 2003 - 14:01
    im LMAO here, u guys are funny&#33;

p.s. me prefers lil ol&#39; meg&#33;&#33;
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEG&#33;&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Why in the world would you use Kazaa at work? Don&#39;t you know if you get a worm in your network, that you will most likely lose your job.

God damn, some people totally amaze me. I can&#39;t believe these assholes even have the nerve to ask this bullshit.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by harrycary@26 July 2003 - 00:03
    Every single thing you do on a computer at work can be monitored.

It&#39;s been well established(in the US anyways) that businesses have a legal right to monitor phone calls and any computer use. As long as they own it, they can do whatever they want.

Even if you connect your own PC to their network, don&#39;t expect any privacy.

That being said. Get back to fuckin&#39; work&#33;
    It&#39;s not quite as clear cut in the UK. The individuals right to privacy comes first. ECHR and so forth.

The employer would first have to demonstrate their reason to monitor specific traffic, before they could do anything.

However it would be legitimate for them to monitor for things coming in from certain IP ranges. If it were seen that a specific employee was receiving traffic from these then they could take further action.

They could not just randomly monitor your internet / phone use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12