Thread: Question about inactivity in private trackers

cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Hi.

I'm going abroad the 18th of December and coming back home the 12th of January.

So I'll be inactive in some trackers I'm user of (5) for exactly 25 days. My question is I'm going to be banned because of inactivity? I know most trackers wait 42 days, but I want to hear it from you.

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    not of course

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cocalait View Post
    Hi.

So I'll be inactive in some trackers I'm user of (5) for exactly 25 days. My question is I'm going to be banned because of inactivity? I know most trackers wait 42 days, but I want to hear it from you.

sites handle this differently - ask staff.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    some sites also have the option of parking your account. Its a good idea to post in the sites forum to be exactly sure.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    If you're worried about it, go to your profile at these sites and park your account. It let's them know you'll be gone a little while.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Park your account. I would also pm a staff member. Read the site faq or rules on how staff like to be contacted. Hope that helps.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    carpediemm's Avatar FST bitch BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Just park the accs. If you get disabled just talk to them in irc
    Seize the Day

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Park your account. I would also pm a staff member. Read the site faq or rules on how staff like to be contacted. Hope that helps.
    Definitely park your account and seek staff members recommendations.

On a side note... Enjoy your vacation. Honestly I would be skit zing if I were away from the internet for that long. Man, I'm jealous.

The Spirit of Something Greater

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by cocalait View Post
    Hi.

Read the individual sites FAQ/Rules and find out exactly for yourself the actual amount of days of inactivity that is required for it to be pruned.

No-one can tell you exactly as you have not listed the actual trackers you are talking about, neither have you stated if you are user/PU or above etc.

If you acquaint yourself fully with what they want, you won't fall foul of being deleted

And if it is answered in the FAQ/Rules, I wouldn't ask staff as they get seriously pissed off with replying to a PM about something that is already covered, and you were too lazy to read
    Last edited by SgtMajor; 12-14-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Thanks for the recommendations people.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Definitely park your account and seek staff members recommendations.

On a side note... Enjoy your vacation. Honestly I would be skit zing if I were away from the internet for that long. Man, I'm jealous.
    Thanks mate. I'll definitely enjoy it. I'm going to Miami 2 weeks and then on a cruise in the Caribbean. (Note: i'm not american)