Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cultural differences on trackers

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    what about bittorrent in china?

i've never seen chinese members anywhere.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Really? I think there must be tons of them

Perhaps, they are not revealing it to you

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

yea not seen many chinese bittorrent trackers. they mainly use ftp and http for their files.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3

There's quite a few Chinese members of this board and I'd have to assume to BT Trackers as well.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    most of the sites i'm a member of offer content, that is influenced or produced by the north american or west european culture.

80% of the content is mainstream american or european cinema, music or video games.

i noticed, that many people from totally different cultures and countries die to get on that trackers.

is it because it's their only chance to watch western media, which is not broadcasted in their country?

or is it the thrill to join a community that is totally different from their own real life and the social and religious circumstances they live in?

i guess it must be a culture shock for a 16yo arabian muslim to read and see a "official want to rape chicks" thread in a tracker forum.

on the other hand there seems to be a certain fascination even in the anti-american fundamentalist cultures for western life-style and media.

why do western trackers attract so many different cultures?
    well i think you don't have the full picture polarbear
    you are from germany but i don't see anyone i know in the middle east watch german movies or tv series nor french or swedish ones it's not the western culture it's more the american media that dominate the whole world
    second saying that it's the only chance to see this stuff is not true either many many people watch satellite channels or local cable networks that broadcast showtimes channels ,america plus ....etc with very low cost sometimes less than 5 dollars a month they enjoy these shows as much they enjoy thier local films " a new arabic film was just released yesterday and it was fun to see one seeder strugling against 400 leechers in a famous arabic tracker
    as for social life peolpe here are familiar with the western lifestyle and it's not a shock anymore after all we are not living in the 19th century
    why do people like american media and hate america??
    i guess no one hate america as a country but hate some policies just like some europian or some american do
    Last edited by sindbad919; 12-18-2007 at 02:13 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by sindbad919 View Post
    most of the sites i'm a member of offer content, that is influenced or produced by the north american or west european culture.

80% of the content is mainstream american or european cinema, music or video games.

i noticed, that many people from totally different cultures and countries die to get on that trackers.

is it because it's their only chance to watch western media, which is not broadcasted in their country?

or is it the thrill to join a community that is totally different from their own real life and the social and religious circumstances they live in?

i guess it must be a culture shock for a 16yo arabian muslim to read and see a "official want to rape chicks" thread in a tracker forum.

on the other hand there seems to be a certain fascination even in the anti-american fundamentalist cultures for western life-style and media.

why do western trackers attract so many different cultures?
    well i think you don't have the full picture polarbear
    you are from germany but i don't see anyone i know in the middle east watch german movies or tv series nor french or swedish ones it's not the western culture it's more the american media that dominate the whole world
    second saying that it's the only chance to see this stuff is not true either many many people watch satellite channels or local cable networks that broadcast showtimes channels ,america plus ....etc with very low cost sometimes less than 5 dollars a month they enjoy these shows as much they enjoy thier local films " a new arabic film was just released yesterday and it was fun to see one seeder strugling against 400 leechers in a famous arabic tracker
    as for social life peolpe here are familiar with the western lifestyle and it's not a shock anymore after all we are not living in the 19th century
    why do people like american media and hate america??
    i guess no one hate america as a country but hate some policies just like some europian or some american do
    One of the reasons is because English has become the dominant language. Although, I still love to watch Japanese Anime, albeit with English subtitles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12