Thread: Is This A Good Case?

Poster
    yeah im gonna get a new case and i came accross this is has a 350w power supply and 7 expansion slots here is the link Cases! its the first one at the top. i figure it would give my computer a new look and its 25 dollars cheaper then the power supply alone i was gonna get. tell me what u think?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    The case looks good but the power supply looks to be junk. You get what you pay for when it comes to power supplies. Plan on buying a different PS down the road.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    im gonna be getting a FX 5900 and it requires a 300w power supply so im thinking a 350 will be good for now im buying a very compatable case so i dotn have to go all out and buy a new desktop every year or 2 so i can just replce new parts i need. im also getting a new motherboard. i got the perfect one picked out has a AGP 8x 5 PCI's and supports the RAM i have now (DDR 266) not the fastest but will deffnintly help me so i dotn have to buy 2 new DDR 512's. al together with the FX5900 the new case with power supply and motherboard its 245. i know some people who got me the FX5900 for $150. i know its hard to believe but deal with it if u dont believe me not skin off my back.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    When posting a question about a case, why don't you just link the actual pictures so we can see it easier?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    That PS only delivers 175 watts of +5v dc. If you run more than a Gig of ram and a proc over 2.0 ghz that thing will shit/brown out. The 333 mhz ddr sucks down a hideous amount of power, Look for a good name brand 400 watt ps if you can. They take like 4 screws to install, it's very easy.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    im running 1 gig of ram and a 2.4 GHz P4 and the DDR im running is DDR266 (or ps2100) its not the fastest but it gets the job done. oh and change that FX 5900 to a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 card ^_^