Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Computer Is Extremely Slow.

How do I get my computer back to the way it was when I first got It.
    I`ve tried reg cleaner,windows washer,and east tec eraser but its still very slow.do I have to go buy windows xp and reinstall it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    if you have a store bought computer they usually come with a restore CD - basically an image of your hard drive when you brought it, stick it in and don't forget to backup all your stuff

if you haven't got a restore CD, try a startup editing program like PCForrest's Startman - and try and pick out the crap
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    if you really wanted to, you could format your hard drive.

that would delete all the stuff on it, but it will clear it of all the shit and make it run faster again

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm guessing none of the above. Bet if you did regular sys maintenance, thats all thats needed. Such as disk cleanup,empty temp files, check & scan disk, HDD defrag with perfectdisk or O&O defrag, etc. But go ahead & throw the baby out with the bath water if you want.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    u can download xp off klite but it wud be a gud idea to format the system, if its really pissing u off.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i dunno which windows u use, but here is sum' that worked 4 me when i was still usin 98SE (an works reasonably well wit XP): make a separate partition with just Windows and ur drivers on it on it (always a good idea )...........

format ur that disk (prolly C:&#092

reinstall windows, ur hardware, and the programs u really need............ this works cause it cleans the registry and everything.......... making it ALOT faster 2 boot............. 2 give u an idea: my old comp (AMD 200MHz, 32MB ram, 2.5GB HDD) is faster than my "new" comp (AMD 500MHz, 192MB ram, 20 GB HDD), simply cause my older comp has no 'useless' shit on it, like games, ICQ, MSN, KaZaA an the likes..............
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Storm@25 July 2003 - 01:52
    i dunno which windows u use, but here is sum' that worked 4 me when i was still usin 98SE (an works reasonably well wit XP): make a separate partition with just Windows and ur drivers on it on it (always a good idea )...........

format ur that disk (prolly C:&#092

reinstall windows, ur hardware, and the programs u really need............ this works cause it cleans the registry and everything.......... making it ALOT faster 2 boot............. 2 give u an idea: my old comp (AMD 200MHz, 32MB ram, 2.5GB HDD) is faster than my "new" comp (AMD 500MHz, 192MB ram, 20 GB HDD), simply cause my older comp has no 'useless' shit on it, like games, ICQ, MSN, KaZaA an the likes..............
    Kazaa 'useless ' shit... No Way... B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    It may not seem it but one of the best quick fixies you can do is using norton systemworks. My pc was taking ages to even load the most basic of programs till I download it, ran a system check-up and had over 300+ registry errors and other program integrity problems which were all fixed and finished this with a run of 'speed disk', now my pc really is good as knew. Quite happy really because I was expecting to do a format.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I agree with you TRshady. Think most everyone in this thread is format or reinstall happy.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    what's wrong with a good formatting every now and again?

its like spring cleaning your house
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast