Thread: microsoft banned my 360 after fixin it

Just got home from work to find my 360 has been banned,i got red lights of death sent it to microsoft 2 months ago had it repaired all was good,i couldnt connect to live so rang em and was told im banned why i asked im not modded in any way,tha guy didnt know was gonna pass me to some report department who would contact me with a reason bollocks,has any body else had this shit and was turned back on????? or has microsoft shaffed me again 2 consols in less than 12 months have died on me now.......help guys should i fight cos dont know who to contact now cutomer services suck dick even told the guy u fixed it but that didnt help

2. Games   -   #2
    Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    I don't think M$ unbans consoles so it sounds like you're screwed. They might of confused your console with one that some modder sent in. Your best bet would be to keep calling them and begging, I'm sure someone has a soul.
    Needlers ROK!

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Microsoft Unbanning Wrongfully Banned 360s?

The other day I reported that I was getting emails in from disgruntled Xbox Live users who had been banned by Microsoft for allegedly connecting to the online service using modded consoles even though the consoles were totally unmodified. Today I'm hearing that some of those affected are finally getting somewhere with tech support.

Initially, Microsoft's response had been that the process used to identify modded consoles (a process that would allow the console to play backed up game) was 100% accurate and that there was nothing that Microsoft or users could do other than buy a new console. At the time Microsoft wouldn't even take the consoles in to be checked or repair. Now is seems that things have changed. I'm still waiting for official word from Microsoft but according to several affected gamers that I have spoken to, Microsoft is now backing down from the initial stance and some consoles are being unbanned and others taken in for repair.
    Late breaking news I think the original link came from http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1047
    Good Luck...Makes me have second thoughts about flashing my new 360...although my original xbox hasn't seen live in 2 years...

4. Games   -   #4
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    I don't understand what the big deal is. I get that piracy is a problem, but how much does it really hurt them? I know maybe 20 people with a 360 and none of them even know about flashing it. I know maybe 15 people with a PSP and none of them know about downgrading and running ISOs. I know TONS of people with a DS and none of them know about using an M3 to (very) easily play ROMs. I know TONS of people with a PS2 and not one of them has a mod chip/flip top/slide card to play backups. I don't think game piracy is that widespread, so I don't know why MS would go ban crazy... they wind up banning people who have done nothing wrong and as a result piss off their customers.

I think they should just go the PSP route... fight piracy with firmware updates. Even though PSP hackers have gotten around it time after time, only those very hardcore pirates want to deal with the inconvenience of a 20 minute hack every time Sony releases a new feature. Most people are deterred after the first few times.

5. Games   -   #5
    M$ is...M$...maybe we should stick with the alternatives...maybe doing that they will change their policy..

6. Games   -   #6
    express98's Avatar Poster

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Microsoft Unbanning Wrongfully Banned 360s?
    Late breaking news I think the original link came from http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1047
    Good Luck...Makes me have second thoughts about flashing my new 360...although my original xbox hasn't seen live in 2 years...
    Thanks for the reply will just keep ringin em i can prove my consol is not modded cos they repaired it,gonna go my tradinstanders so if i can do them for a faulty consol least then they have to give me a reason for the ban

7. Games   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    When you send it in for repair they sometimes keep yours and send back somebody else's, then they repair yours and send it to someone else, pass theirs on, etc. etc.

You may have just got one that was already banned.

8. Games   -   #8
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If you still have your Box and the paperwork that came w/ it see if the serial numbers match up.......

9. Games   -   #9
    express98's Avatar Poster

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    If you still have your Box and the paperwork that came w/ it see if the serial numbers match up.......
    guess what my friend they dont or my mates he sent his back too,but not been banned

10. Games   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by express98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    guess what my friend they dont or my mates he sent his back too,but not been banned
    That's good, you've got a valid argument to make against microsoft then.
    Let us know what happens.
    You could always send it for repair again.