Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught p2p?

ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Haha, this letter is crap, some my friends received one of those back in 2003, I've seen it myself, almost the same and came from Optimum Online too))) Just forget about it, they didn't do nothing, it's just some type of procedure, the ISP followes when they receive some kind of spam mail from RIAA.
    TCS Byatch in training

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    BLaZiN's Avatar Up yours! BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Simple solution is not to use public bitorrent sites especially when the release is faster then any axxo rip or other release group, as we all no alot of fake files get dumped there and they can track themselves back to ya....thats where you went wrong bud.

1/ Make sure you no the file is REAL before attempting to DL it.
    2/ Stick with private bitorrent trackers.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Stop using public P2P. PeerGuardian won't protect you.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    ivenkii's Avatar @ddicTed t0 u BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    U shud be changing u r ISP asap

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    use dynamic ip or change isp

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I got one of these letters years ago. I just kept on downloading and I've had no problems since.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    This is why a seedbox is looking more and more affordable. Because then you have pure anonymous fast torrenting abilities

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    seedbox user
    the best way (without abandoning torrent sites) is to use a seedbox, then u can download stuff using ftp from your seedbox, and since downloading isn't a crime u can feel safe and even better - use ssl encryption on such ftp so your isp probably won't even know what do u download from your seedbox.

I remember my cousin said his friends got similar notices (on paper by normal mail) because they were using DC++ p2p
    Last edited by heis; 12-29-2007 at 01:14 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    You should be thrown in jail just for downloading that crap movie. Just joking man..that email is bull. My stepbrother got the same one, and he still downloads whatever.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    You should be thrown in jail just for downloading that crap movie. Just joking man..that email is bull. My stepbrother got the same one, and he still downloads whatever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast