Thread: "1337" What Does It Mean?

i seen ppl use this sometimes as a word and dont know wat it is so plz tell

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Ex-member
    It is pronounced 'leet' and means 'in the know about dodgy computer practices'.

3. Lounge   -   #3

4. Lounge   -   #4
    thank u for ur help

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    to be honest i wasnt to sure myself.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    i always thought it was an internet lingo version of the word "elite" as in, the cream of the crop, the daddy, the best.

along with "teh" (a deliberate mispelling of "the") and other words that are overused by those people with web blogs, i keep hoping they will disappear.

teh world will never be the same again.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by the_faceman@24 July 2003 - 18:42
    i always thought it was an internet lingo version of the word "elite" as in, the cream of the crop, the daddy, the best.

along with "teh" (a deliberate mispelling of "the") and other words that are overused by those people with web blogs, i keep hoping they will disappear.

teh world will never be the same again.
    Those other words include pwned (which was created when someone mispelled 'owned' and people thought it was cool).

I thought 1337 also meant 'elite' in 'l33tspeak' (that's what Maximum PC calls the language ).

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Those other words include pwned (which was created when someone mispelled 'owned' and people thought it was cool).
    HAHA, I remeber when that whole "pwned" thing started,
    --wait, now that i remeber..... ::supressing bad memories:: .......never mind