Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are traders a dying breed?

znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all the anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

I had invited people that had crystal clear background here, and yet they forwarded my invite for trade elsewhere the next moment.

Of course nobody would trust a trader for a free invite to f*n, so the best solution would be a dedicated FST account for those needs, along with poems or nice video-clip requests.

I think we should distinguish between sincere and insincere FST members, rather than traders and antitraders.

A lot of people understand that they cannot get the rare trackers even by trading. So, they create a new FST identity, pure clear of trades and add a signature with antitrading content, or they even create an "antitrading forum" to enroll antitraders with high rated invites.

If you had to choose between these 2 as your friend, what would you prefer?
    A sincere trader or an insincere non-trader?
    Personally I would prefer the 1st one.
    Last edited by znik; 12-18-2007 at 02:38 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Once again U hit the (s)nail on the head, Mr. Znik. Agree - 100 %.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all these anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

I had invited people that had crystal clear background here, and yet they forwarded my invite for trade elsewhere the next moment.

Of course nobody would trust a trader for a free invite to f*n, so the best solution would be a dedicated FST account for those needs, along with poems or nice video-clip requests.

I think we should distinguish between sincere and insincere FST members, rather than traders and antitraders.

A lot of people understand that they cannot get the rare trackers even by trading. So, they create a new FST identity, pure clear of trades and add a signature with antitrading content, or they even create an "antitrading forum" to enroll antitraders with high rated invites.

+1

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I also agree znik, I have run into people with multiple a/c's here, one a trading a/c the other an antitrader a/c with with slogans slapped all over it, and have been around long enough to see the scam 'anti-trading ' forums come & go hurting good peoples reputations in the process. It is part of the reason for some of the rage I see from traders, that there are two faced people out there scamming away while trying to look innocent. There are alot of members here who don't even post polarbear, their business is conducted in pm, you only find out they are active if they scam someone during a trade and then you find out a member you have never heard of is a scammer as 3 or 4 more people chime in saying yeah he scammed me or don't trust him.
    There are two sides to the coin, in some ways the traders are more honest than those who run around saying oh no I dont trade while carrying on trading a/c's , but in the end the whole I will do anything I want to get the next tracker is kind of pointless and if you look at the spirit of most tracker rules they say invite people you trust, for the very simple reason that they would like trustworthy members themselves, so lying cheating scamming etc aren't really the kinds of things they really need from members. But then trading brings about scamming & this is another & in some ways more cruel thing to do to users as well, so in the spirit of the tracker rules, only invite people you know well & trust, this is the real way to cut down on scamming and cheating, I realise it is hard to make that judgement on a public forum and I myself have been burnt for trusting the wrong person but you live & learn, and are more careful the next time.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't believe that traders will ever become a dying breed, the human nature is far too impatient.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yet another moot thread..

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    I don't believe that traders will ever become a dying breed, the human nature is far too impatient.
    Agreed, there's also the problem of communication. Many people don't have the ability to make friends over the internet where writing is the main form of communication. It makes it hard for them to get invites so they resort to trading. The sad fact is that it's here to stay.

znik and Artemis make good points about there being many people with multiple accounts. There are way too many collectors waving around the flag of anti-trading for people you don't know to be taken at their word.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    It seems that you are living in an illusion ,Traders are always around and they are in great numbers but to answer your question abt why u say u don't see alot of them so let me list some facts being connected and friends with alarge number of traders

Alot of traders (most of them) got fed up by the racist ass kissers Anti-Traders so they no longer bother with this kind of stupid topics which only aim is to flame traders so they just let you talk as much as you want since you don't have nothing except talk and ass kissing and attacking traders sothat a Comrep here or there sees you and give you an invite when u beg for it

A large portion of traders have left fst trading section to more safer and quiter forums since fst is currently marked as code red for traders mainly due to the presence of alot of spies,ComReps and lame anti-traders who tries to sabotage their threads

some also don't trade except in pm's as it's much safer so those are not visible for you but they are many

some also have followed the flow in here by adopting the anti-trading concept since it seems easier now to get into some places after claiming to be anti-trader

Personally for me and alot of my friends don't have any problems against (Non-Traders) because it's their choice and they respect others as well and they mind their own business and they don't act like racists and some bricks like (Anti-Traders) do

as for your previous poll ,you know that the results you got isn't accurate and it's very easy to manipulate poll results ,TBH calling for 100 Traders to vote in that thread will turn it upside down

as for your bold sentence and the p.s after in your main post ,i could only say that i find it really pathetic ,it seems that you only want to flame things in here and trying to harass traders
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Completly agree with znik.

Few months ago, there wasnt this anti-trading phaenomen, thats why trading was more popular and "on-the ground". Now ppl come and see all this threads full of hate, no wonder they choose anti-trading way to make friends etc.

This PM i recieved few days ago:

hello
    im a new user out here at who is currently looking to make friends to start my long journey out here at fst. hope u help me out in it.
    would love to have you as a friend.
    nicole..
    n ya initially im not looking for invite..just a friend.. hope u realise that..lolz
    .. its sick
    I dont like traders. but tbh i preffer them over hyppocrites who pretend to be your "friends", but in reallity they are assholes/collectors/cheaters.

Before: more traders
    Now: more fakers

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Polarbear I think it's a bit naive to believe that all the anti-traders don't have multiple FST accounts or don't trade elsewhere...

i agree!!!

i would prefer sincere trader

and to add up my thoughts, this place is getting lamer and lamer each day because of so called "anti-trader". . First, they spam each and every thread with "anti-trader" motto as
    "trading is bad", "trading is against site rule" etc. While everyone has freedom of speech i think they should consider not to offend others. Secondly, it's PATHETIC how a trader will get thrashed 1000 times for one small mistake meanwhile a guy with anti-trader sig is easily forgiven. And, last not but the least, I am SICK of people asking (and mainly handing invite) for being anti-trader. Being anti-trader does not prove anything at all. Unless i know these anti-trader personally...i often doubt they have second account going on, have had bad history (like trading), or even worst: call themself anti-trader just to get high lvl invites got free.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-18-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast