Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We Want The Guestroom Back

Getting rid of the Guestroom - it's about time in my opinion. If people want to contribute then they can join - we all did!!! If it helps the Board run smoother all the better. Now we can have a Sportsworld!!
    Signature removed

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+25 July 2003 - 14:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 25 July 2003 - 14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by spyware@25 July 2003 - 02:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123
    @25 July 2003 - 07:34
    I think your "we" is refering to the majority of spammers in the guest room.

these moderators can be overly sensitive
    Big words for a newcomer. It&#39;s apparent you have no idea behind the issue. [/b][/quote]
    a newcomer? ive been a member since "26 May 2003" now let me inform you of something i was a member here before but lost username/password and e-mail account on hotmail that was around august 2002

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+25 July 2003 - 06:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) &#064; 25 July 2003 - 06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)@25 July 2003 - 10:55
    It&#39;s nice to be able to come in here without getting the Screen of Death on a regular basis.&nbsp;
    Next time I go to say this please stop me as sod and all his laws were waiting for me and I got &#39;The Screen&#39; about 2 clicks later.

I agree with N£MO an [O][T], it may mean a lot of new users but I always think if people have to make some kind of effort (in this case going through the registration process) before they do something meaninless like spamming then they won&#39;t bother. I for one could go without seeing yet another &#39;Why do people post fakes&#39; topic on a daily basis.[/quote]
    I agree with the rest of you.. keep it closed,it actually presents more of a problem then its worth IMO.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    is there someone else here except me that wanna keep the guestroom?or are you to scared to say anything

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by spyware@25 July 2003 - 19:12
    is there someone else here except me that wanna keep the guestroom?or are you to scared to say anything
    It&#39;s just you I&#39;m afraid....

6. Lounge   -   #36
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    I probably would have been sympathetic with your position.

It is sad that there will be a few people who will
    be intimitated by the "membership" issue and not join / receive help.

But I saw the crap that was being posted yesterday.
    From malcontents / RIAA stooges / idiots.
    There weren&#39;t going to move on.

If people piss in your doorway, you eventually close the door.
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by smellycat@25 July 2003 - 19:25

If people piss in your doorway, you eventually close the door.
    A picture in words.

Would I be right in saying that things are running smother now ?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 July 2003 - 19:27
    Yes.

I&#39;ve only had to purge the forum connections once since the Guestroom was closed, compared with 3 or 4 times a day previously, and the purge script ran a lot more quickly.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Out of The Ordinary
    Spyware posted:

i was a member here before but lost username/password and e-mail account on hotmail that was around august 2002
    I do not belive You....sorry.

Yes

BOT

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@25 July 2003 - 19:32

I&#39;ve only had to purge the forum connections once since the Guestroom was closed, compared with 3 or 4 times a day previously, and the purge script ran a lot more quickly.
    Did you just say " bleh blah bloh". That&#39;s what is sounded like to me.

Anyway, I have missed a lot of the discussion. Was there a reason we closed the guestroom.

Or was it just because we were sick of all the repetitive rabble rousing drivel that was constantly being posted there.

Either way it seems to have improved the rest of the board no end.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast