Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We Want The Guestroom Back

lynx's Avatar .
    I don't care whether it comes back or not, but it isn't going to prevent the 'too many connections' error.

When that happens, it is almost ALWAYS at 2 mins past the hour, there is no way that the number of guests could cause that sort of problem. The only thing that could cause that is some sort of scheduled task being performed on the server, delaying sql queries and causing a build up of connections. It obviously takes a couple of minutes for these to build up to the 'too many connections' error.

VB needs to talk to Jon and find out what is run 'on the hour' and determine if there is anything that can be done so prevent them overloading the server in the way they do.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@25 July 2003 - 12:12
    I for one could go without seeing yet another &#39;Why do people post fakes&#39; topic on a daily basis.
    I would dearly love that to be the case, and if it reduces the white SOD then i&#39;m happy with losing the guest room, but we&#39;re just gonna get those same kinda posts in a different section of the forum (probably in the wrong section of the forum )

3. Lounge   -   #23
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by spyware+25 July 2003 - 02:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spyware &#064; 25 July 2003 - 02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@25 July 2003 - 07:34
    I think your "we" is refering to the majority of spammers in the guest room.
    these moderators can be overly sensitive[/b][/quote]
    Big words for a newcomer. It&#39;s apparent you have no idea behind the issue.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Lounge   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    It&#39;s strange that the only one who wants the guestroom open is called Spyware. Spyware you should realise that there is no spyware in K-Lite. (coincidental I suppose&#33; ) (only joking spyware) Now that the work load has been reduced there might be some redundancies amongst the moderators&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I take it that this&#39;ll mean a well-deserved &#39;Request Denied&#39; by the team.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    We Want The Guestroom Back, no discussion about it.
    What do you mean "no discussion about it"? It seems to me that the discussion has pointed out that "We" don&#39;t want it back.

What ever happened to VBs idea to use that &#39;temporary maintenence board&#39; for the guestroom?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    As far as I know, VB&#39;s still using it as a temporary measure. Temporary can be as long as it can be, though. Divine Divinity&#39;s still only got a "temporary" patch.

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw that the Guestroom was unavailable for viewing. I feel it&#39;s safe to say that&#39;s because of my lack of sleep. If everyone knows, then I have a free pass for the rest of the day.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ilw+25 July 2003 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ilw @ 25 July 2003 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)@25 July 2003 - 12:12
    I for one could go without seeing yet another &#39;Why do people post fakes&#39; topic on a daily basis.
    [/b][/quote]
    Come to think of it, why do people post so many fakes???

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    No guestroom anymore...hooray&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    They can read FAQ
    They can register in 10 seconds, literally.
    They post or registered users posted verifies in there and that is not allowed by the board software creators.

List goes on, if they want something take 10 seconds to register, 10 seconds can be worth a lot more

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast