Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Desperate Help with Seedbox

Hi all, I am desperate here and really need help with the Seedbox that I recently got. I am using a ssh client to access it, first time ever and I'm pretty much dumbfounded as to how to use this to seed / leech and get some buffers going. Do I somehow download a torrent client to the seedbox and then try to use that from there? Do i transfer what I previously downloaded to it and then work from there. How do I connect whatever I transfered to the tracker that I need to seed to? I'm sorry if this question is dumb. I've never used linux and am accessing the seedbox through a macbook with leopard, am using rbrowser as a ssh client. Does anyone know how I can get to the point where I can seed to the sites i need, sct, etc.

Thanks so much for any help possible.
    Paul

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    here's a guide to installing utorrent on a leeware, which is fedora 6, this might help you get started, kind of depends on what distribution you have.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...through-169620

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    does your seedbox have a gui or is it 100% terminal? if it is terminal then use rtorrent. it is an awesome program. if it has a gui then you can use it a lot like windows and download and install what you want from the web browser.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    ummm not exactly danielle, if it is linux based he will have to use the installation tool (yum or apt are the most common) to download the apps needed based on the distribution. You need to give us more information about the server you are using, company and type of server + the distro you chose for the server, otherwise it is a guessing game.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i was trying to explain gui when i said that in retarded person terms. i wasn't talking seriously.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    thats mean they aren't all retarded, some were dropped as babies

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    doesn't that make them retarded though?

i do have to admit that the second i leave the san jose area (silicon valley) people do get quite retarded and their ego is bigger as well and they are more religious and more immature and more testosterone happy with their big trucks and .... ok i better stop before this gets out of hand.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbinsFace View Post
    Hi all, I am desperate here and really need help with the Seedbox that I recently got. I am using a ssh client to access it, first time ever and I'm pretty much dumbfounded as to how to use this to seed / leech and get some buffers going. Do I somehow download a torrent client to the seedbox and then try to use that from there? Do i transfer what I previously downloaded to it and then work from there. How do I connect whatever I transfered to the tracker that I need to seed to? I'm sorry if this question is dumb. I've never used linux and am accessing the seedbox through a macbook with leopard, am using rbrowser as a ssh client. Does anyone know how I can get to the point where I can seed to the sites i need, sct, etc.

Thanks so much for any help possible.
    Paul
    I also kind a new in this seedbox world, but I'll try my best to explain to you. There are two major type of server that you can choose, one is VPS (Virtual Private Server)/VDS (Virtual Domain Server) and another is a dedicated server. The difference is your VPS is gonna be shared with another VPS, while dedicated server won't. And of course dedicated will be the best option but if your budget is limited then VPS will do the job fine.

Those kind of servers usually has 2 option of OS to choose, Win 2003 Server and Linux. If you choose Win 2003 Server, then you'll manage the server using Remote Desktop program from Microsoft, if you're on Windows XP it's already built in your OS, but if your're on Leopard, you can download Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection from MacUpdate.com, it's free. Then from this Remote Desktop program you can use the Windows like you usually do on your desktop, download and install program like usually. If you choose Linux, then you can easily remote your server from Leopard's Terminal using SSH. The Linux OS will be without GUI, my advice is leave it as it should because you'll save a lot of resources, just use rTorrent to do the torrent stuffs. But if you wish to install GUI (Gnome or KDE) into your Linux you can follow the tutorial here : http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/11/10/co...ver-in-fedora/. After that you can use VNC to remote your Linux GUI, install VNC server in Linux using this guide : http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/11/10/co...ver-in-fedora/, then use VNC client : Chicken of the VNC from Leopard.

I haven't had the chance to use Linux on my seedbox, just use Win 2003 atm.

regards

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Here is the info I pulled off the vectoral site. hope this helps in helping me figure this out. I'm really lost here. I connected throuhg rbrowser and got through, downloaded rtorrent and just sorta dragged it into teh root folder so it's transfering to teh box I assume, now I guess I just need to figure out how to install that and use that through my trackers. man, i wish i knew that this wasn't a windows thing as linux is a whole new world to me.

Vectoral
    OS - CentOS 4.4
    * Intel® Pentium™ III 733 MHZ
    * 256MB DDR-RAM
    * 10GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
    * 500GB Bandwidth

thanks all for any help they can offer
    Paul

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Actually if you use Mac, Linux won't be a whole new world for you, because Mac OS is basiclly a BSD OS
    You can search for a proper rtorrent installation method on google, here's one of them : http://tutorialninjas.net/2007/01/18...tall-rtorrent/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast