Thread: Avi >> Mpeg

Hi, I have tried counless times to convert those 7000000kb aprox. divx or xvid's to Mpeg. I use TMpeg and it encodes with no sound. So i ripped the sound to .wav using virtualdub. Then encoded it but the sound is all out of sync with the video. It's like 5 seconds behind. I have also tried panasonic mpeg encoder and the same thing happens. I just want to be able to put them on cd-r and watch them on my DVD player. Is anyone else having the same problem? Could someone please help me convert them correctly with the sound in sync. Please help.

Thanks in advance

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    Your best bet its to visit Vcdhelp,but one or two things u could tri

At top>Options >environmental settings>vfapi plugings>and increase the direct show to the top of the list.

With xvid its some times better to change the 4cc code to divx.

You can find the 4cc changer in the Kazaa lite codec pack.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I had the same problem with 8Mile. I got no sound with TMPGENC so I used VirtualDub to extract Wav and put it back with TMPGENC. Same problem as you though. The movie starts ok but as it progresses it becomes more and more out of sync.

Strange thing is when I compared the AVI and WAV lengths I found the WAV to be around 15secs shorter. I tried stretching it with SoundForge 6 but still no luck.

** Yet if I play the movie with DIVX player or Windows Media Player it plays fine. **

I have all latest codecs DIVX5.05. Maybe problem is with XVID.

really pissing me off cause I wanna stick it on a SVCD to watch on home-player.

Anyone got any ideas......?

trust-no-one

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Hi guys,

you can try visiting Doom9. There are a lot of guides that can help you. Also you can download a lot of programs there. I suggest you download Dvd2svcd. This program has a built in option to convert avi's to svcd. The programm will then change into Avi2svcd. Use this along with the Cinema Craft Encoder and you should get perfect results. You can also download them on Kazaa. Try a search on D!mensio_x and you should find them. I also suggest you'd download Daemon Tools for helping you burn your bin/cue files to cd-r.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by trust-no-one@28 July 2003 - 14:22
    I had the same problem with 8Mile. I got no sound with TMPGENC so I used VirtualDub to extract Wav and put it back with TMPGENC. Same problem as you though. The movie starts ok but as it progresses it becomes more and more out of sync.

Strange thing is when I compared the AVI and WAV lengths I found the WAV to be around 15secs shorter. I tried stretching it with SoundForge 6 but still no luck.

** Yet if I play the movie with DIVX player or Windows Media Player it plays fine. **

I have all latest codecs DIVX5.05. Maybe problem is with XVID.

really pissing me off cause I wanna stick it on a SVCD to watch on home-player.

Anyone got any ideas......?

trust-no-one
    Mate the movie most prob has bad or missing frames.Theres a function in virtual dub to fix it.If u need a guide tri vcdhelp or fasttrack central.

U could also tri changing the 4cc code to divx as i mentioned in my post above.