Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: For A L L That Use P2p Or Share Files

I sent my letter oh yeah

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    All I want to do is protect myself from the IRAA. I don't want them to see what files Im sharing.

I have a T1 for my website and most of it is used up from sharing files on kazaa. I was never able to do that long while back.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    IMO, what these RIAA bastards need to do, is get together street teams of some sort, and crack down on crime that way. Here's my logic:

1. P2P users aren't going to pay for a CD anyways, so there is no point in suing them.

2. People who buy bootlegged/mixed CD are spending money. THAT'S KEY IN THIS SITUATION. This money could be otherwise spent buying legitmate CDs. It is THESE people that keep artists from getting paid (albeit a small amount).

I know everyone who lives in even a REMOTELY large city (I live in Jackson MS, and I see em all the time), has seen these people. You know, outside with a card table and a tupperware bins FULL of CDs. Most of the time you can see that they're just white Memorex CDs with a Sharpie on them.

But that's just my 87 cents.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Originally posted by funny_bunny@27 July 2003 - 22:46
    There is no such thing as an ugly horse!
    Just a goof, there was a law that was left on the books untill recently that said it was a crime if you owned an ugly horse, the law was very old.

Anyway I live in the US, and it is a matter that can be dragged into civil court pending damages. Though I wish it no longer, time to find a solution such as those at EFF. I will VOTE and WRITE untill a solution is reached to STOP making us criminals.

Altough if any of you are content with being a crimal, and wish to do nothing, bend over, empty your wallet and turn yourself in.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa

how manny of u have that name? i just recently changed the defalt. from now on ima change it frequently. i wonder if their targeting all that had that name.

what do u guys think?

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    your username makes no difference. You can change your name a thousand times a day, but it won't change your ip and thats how they identify you. I dont even know why they released those stupid usernames. All it will do is confuse people.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    These email form letters are ignored by politicians. You would have better results taking the gist of it and mailing it seperately.

And the RIAA is doing the right thing. They are protecting the rights of those who create this stuff. The free ride has to end at some point. No one OWES you anything. If you are downloading copyrighted music/movies without paying for them, you are taking without compensating - even if you share with others - especially if you share with others.

Do you expect to be paid for the work you do? I would think so.

Why don't you admit it. Enjoy your free ride while you can, but don't denegrade the people who are trying to see to it that the rights of the producers of the products you enjoy get paid for it. Whether you like their fees or not. Saying it's too expensive is rationalization. You are looking for an excuse to get something for nothing.

You know what? I do download/share some songs. But I'm a hypocrite. At least I admit it. When it has to end, I will accept it as something that should have been done.

There, that won't get anyone riled. Nope. Not a chance....

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr.Maniotis@28 July 2003 - 09:55
    These email form letters are ignored by politicians.  You would have better results taking the gist of it and mailing it seperately.

And the RIAA is doing the right thing.  They are protecting the rights of those who create this stuff.  The free ride has to end at some point.  No one OWES you anything.  If you are downloading copyrighted music/movies without paying for them, you are taking without compensating - even if you share with others - especially if you share with others.

Do you expect to be paid for the work you do?  I would think so. 

Why don't you admit it.  Enjoy your free ride while you can, but don't denegrade the people who are trying to see to it that the rights of the producers of the products you enjoy get paid for it.  Whether you like their fees or not.  Saying it's too expensive is rationalization.  You are looking for an excuse to get something for nothing.

You know what?  I do download/share some songs.  But I'm a hypocrite.  At least I admit it.  When it has to end, I will accept it as something that should have been done.

There, that won't get anyone riled.  Nope.  Not a chance....
    Very well expressed post.

I do want to say that politicians do pay attention to form letters, but even more so the volume received. I do think it would help to write one's own feelings about the issue to representatives, though.

I have no problem saying I can be a hypocrite. I am not proud of that fact, and I don't think anyone really is, when they are being one.

I think there have been a lot of things that were illegal in the history of the US and there have been a lot of people that continued to do them, even though they were illegal. But at the same time, they pushed for legalization.

Being hypocritical is pretty common in we human beings. I used to tell my children candy was bad for them. They did not know about my hidden stash of chocolate!!

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    So then Mr. Maniotis, a hypocrite and a thief, 2 outstanding qualities, your a thief because you see "sharing" as wrong. Your a hypocrite because you leech from others. And now add COWARD to your list of attributes. File-sharing was alright in your mind as long as there was no legal consequence, now like the chicken shit you are, you switch your loyalties. In war your kind are called traitors. So Mr. Maniotis, contact the RIAA and be ready to write them a big fat check, bend over cause their coming home. Delete Kazaa, after all you dony know whos watching. ROFL Muhahahahahahaahahahahahah

PS. My letters in the mail.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    I don't think that was Mr. Maniotis's intention at all, soldier.

I do think that he was trying to point out that if we want to effect change, name calling and denegrading the RIAA is a little counter-productive. And I agree to that.

For me to resort to name calling......that would be only when I let my emotions take over my mind, and usually follows my failing to be informed and knowing the facts of the issue. I sure try not to, because if I do, I always feel I have let the other guy win.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast