Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: For A L L That Use P2p Or Share Files

As many of us as there are it seems clear how much power we have if brought together, I have realized many of us think the folks next door don't file share, that we are the only one on the block. We keep quiet about our P2P use.

Although I am starting to see after openly talking about P2P that almost everyone suddenly says "oh yea, I use KaZaa too" (KMD version unfortunately), even the folks I talk to at my ISP. Though we have been labeled criminals for loving music. This is now officially out of hand, with lists of usernames to be sued http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0...3484600,00.html.

If YOU care about any of this, then READ the following 3 items

There ARE other ways for the artist to get PAID
    http://www.eff.org/share/compensation.php

There ARE simple legal solutions
    http://www.eff.org/share/legal.php

Take a Stand Against the Madness; Stop the RIAA!
    The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is on a rampage, launching legal attacks against average Americans from coast to coast. Rather than working to create a rational, legal means by which its customers can take advantage of file-sharing technology and pay a fair price for the music they love, it has chosen to sue people like Brianna LaHara, a 12 year-old girl living in New York City public housing.

Brianna, and hundreds of other music fans like her, are being forced to pay thousands of dollars they do not have to settle RIAA-member lawsuits -- supporting a business model that is anything but rational. This crusade is generating thousands of subpoenas and hundreds of lawsuits, but not a single penny for the artists that the RIAA claims to protect.

Copyright law shouldn't make criminals out of 60 million Americans, and it's time for a change. Congress is going to hold hearings; we need your help to make sure that the public's voice is heard. Tell Congress that it's time to stop the madness!
    FINALLY AND MOST OF ALL...
    HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
    http://www.eff.org/share/petition/
    It doesn't get easier than this to take part and help put this to an end.

Over 75,000 Signatures So Far!!!!
    This is amazing! If we can get 100,000 signatures, we will deliver the petition to
    the Senate and House Commerce and Judiciary Commitees.
    Special Thanks To All At EFF.
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-17-2004 at 11:14 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Thanks Reality.
    I registered and sent the letter to my congressman.
    This link should get pinned.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks Clocker, I guess maybe it should get pinned.
    Its true that EFF has made it very simple for us here.

I've also sent my letter, as every member of this forum should.

EDIT: I guess it already is Pinned,
    Thanks to whoever Pinned it
    We all can change this, we have the power too.

ALSO: Please post here to let us know if you've sent your letter as well.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey! i sent my letter! this is the kind of action we need to take! we cannot just SIT ON OUR ASSES we have got to fight back!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    two things about this site put me off

1. they consider implementing charges for downloading music
    2. this site seems to be u.s. only
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 July 2003 - 18:54
    two things about this site put me off

1. they consider implementing charges for downloading music
    2. this site seems to be u.s. only
    1. Please read through it completely. There were many alternatives posted there, I would imagine we can decide on whats best later. I thought the idea of a licensing fee, similar to radio, at the ISP level may be good, though there were several ideas.

2. These people effect many of us including Australia and the UK, and others abroad, and it is in A L L our benifit to try and resolve and put this this to an end.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by REALITY@25 July 2003 - 19:28
    1. Please read through it completely. There were many alternatives posted there, I would imagine we can decide on whats best later. I thought the idea of a licensing fee, similar to radio, at the ISP level may be good, though there were several ideas.

2. These people effect many of us including Australia and the UK, and others abroad, and it is in A L L our benifit to try and resolve and put this this to an end.
    1. even the thought of a fee for filesharing is surely totally against the concept of filesharing itself? even if there are other alternatives, the main ones are paying for the service. why pay for something free??

2. the letter to mr congressmen is only available in the us.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 July 2003 - 19:32
    1. even the thought of a fee for filesharing is surely totally against the concept of filesharing itself? even if there are other alternatives, the main ones are paying for the service. why pay for something free??
    I think the idea of this post is to find a solution, if you wish not to be a part of that then perhaps stay away from this post, since your comments are not productive.

1. Doing nothing will NOT stop the madness, nor have I suggested, or the EFF for you to pay, though at some level there needs to be a medium met. Again I do not think you have read all the alternatives at http://www.eff.org/share/compensation.php.
    the main ones are paying for the service
    WRONG, just READ.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I just sent my letter and suggest that everyone (living in the US) do the same. It doesnt get any easier than this and you CAN make a difference.

Nice post REALITY.. Thank You &#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Tech TV website@ username list to be sued
    www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa
    Try catching a guy with this user name&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Yes I am joking, I know they do it by the IP. But is&#39;nt it ironic, dont ya think?&#33;?

Edit: Just thought of a serious point to make.
    P2P could be stopped tomorrow, but piracy would still exist as it always has. Why pick on a home user who d/l&#39;s for personal use when there are many who distrbute realeases for monertry gain? At the end of the day, how much of the stuff you d/l would you pay for? 20%. 50%? How much is the industry actually losing from P2P sharing? I think these are the real issues that the RIAA/MPAA should be exploring instead of quick fix solutions. All they are doing is pushing file sharing further underground until we become untraceable. Is that what they want?

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast