Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black XP v 6.1 Or Indego Xp

Addictivenyc's Avatar How Much?? BT Rep: +3
    I currently have indego xp installed and i love it. I did here about Black XP but always thought its an older version of indego. I guess i am wrong because as i read through this thread, there are many versions out like LastXP, XP DArk, and etc... i may have to find out which other versions are out there besides the Black XP and Indego XP.

If you guys can post all the different kinds that are out there and maybe put it in the first post maybe peeps will appreciate this thread.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictivenyc View Post
    I currently have indego xp installed and i love it. I did here about Black XP but always thought its an older version of indego. I guess i am wrong because as i read through this thread, there are many versions out like LastXP, XP DArk, and etc... i may have to find out which other versions are out there besides the Black XP and Indego XP.

If you guys can post all the different kinds that are out there and maybe put it in the first post maybe peeps will appreciate this thread.

Would love too but think there's 5 or 6 threads ,

Its fun and a passion or hobby for goof balls like me who don't mind adding a comment to threads if it helps . I'm the type that has no problem formating once a week to try the new and improved one .

Its not for everyone I admit but sure is fun . If I had to recommend one it would Black ver 6 , for what its worth . But keep the old disks handy as a lot and I mean a lot of programs are disregarded in later releases .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I also am trying to get a Homegrown XP timeline down I assumed Indego was older than Black but who the hell knows, we need to put together a thread for this to describe the many versions and when they were released. I will do some research after new years.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Addictivenyc's Avatar How Much?? BT Rep: +3
    Yea that'd be cool Detale. I'll try to gather some info on some of these XP's as well.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I just use windowsblind and my own knowledge to create something like black xp. But if i was to choose? Black XP hands down.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    To kind of add to the beginning of the Homegrown XP thing. I have recently found out that Black XP was based on Last XP so that would make Black newer than Last. Also v8 is out now but... There was a post on the Black XP forum about it.

While disecting Black XP v8... Low and behold, it is a modified version of Last XP.

Also, v8 is not a step up from v7.5, it is a step back to v7.0 with some visual mods.

I have made the following changes and will release it to the pirate bay on Friday:

I've included 3 NEW DVD covers!

Modified Install Background So That Install Dialogue Can Be Seen More Easily!

Put Uniblue & Nero Ultra 8 Back Into The Install!

Changed the Default Theme To VistaVG Ultimate!

Changed The OEM Info!

Works better than the origional!
    M.O.D.
    Oh and it's friday

This guy still recommends 7.5 over 8 in a later post when someone asks him which is the best version

There are too many versions of black XP.
    Whats the ideal Black xp to use for speed and good looking visuals that don't eat up cpu or ram.
    7.5?
    Yes, I would go with v7.5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123