Thread: Changing location of torrent files download

All the files that I dl are in a folder in my C drive and I want to bring that folder to my D drive which is 2x the capacity of my C. At the moment I have to keep removing the dl files to D drive because my C drive get full. This make seeding a pain.

How do I do this safely? I don't want to screw up my seeding.

I am using Utorrent as client

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well this is not to hard just close utorrent when u moveing the folder to new place and when u done with that then again open utorrent dont yet start to seed go to preferences/downloads and set new location where u will downloading file be stored or just select the folder that u moved and that should be it..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yup , forumas is right that should do the trick

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I follow your instruction; move the folder to D drive> change the download to that directory> start and all my torrent have red x and an error message 'File missing from job, please recheck.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    I follow your instruction; move the folder to D drive> change the download to that directory> start and all my torrent have red x and an error message 'File missing from job, please recheck.
    u will need to redownload again that torrents that u have seed..just go to site where u seeding and just download again that torrent and utorrent will make recheck to see is everything ok..and after that u should be able to seed again

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    That is what I am doing now, What a pain in the a$$. 30gig of most music album. I am taking my tine to do it. Luck was on my side cos I only have 2 uncompleted torrent when I change over. That were the first 2 that I re download. I hope to be back fully seeding before long. Thanks for the help.

Ps I now keep all the torrent files and not just trash them.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    You don't need to redownload the torrents from drive C, just move them to your D drive to where you told your utorrent to download to

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    This is how I do it:

1.Right click on the torrent, click stop
    2. Right click on the torrent again, ->Advanced->Set Download Location
    3. Right click on the torrent again, -> Force Recheck
    4. Right click and click start.

You may have to restart utorrent again.

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.