Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how to create a new tracker

ekk3123's Avatar Gordon Gekko BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by raj3186 View Post
    +1 solves everything for you.

Don't underestimate the swedes..

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by raj3186 View Post
    You were given this link join and make some friends its takes months if not a year to plan a tracker correctly if you want to last.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Tracker Recipe.

You need a combo of good coding, decent design, great upload sources, lots of uploaders, and speed.

Mix that all up for 2 minutes then add an overly hyped active forum, with closed invites and a overall site theme and BOOOM!!!! you got yourself a better than average tracker.

BTW RvT that's a misleading nick, I almost thought it was for revolt.
    Last edited by yoyogi4; 12-26-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    ///EDIT: I'm Back!! (Thanks for the headup !!)

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It is for revolt.
    I'm in disguise

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    BTW RvT that's a misleading nick, I almost thought it was for revolt.
    lol. rvt for revolt.......thats so insane it may just work........nahhh.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    kaler's Avatar PHPN00B
    Use DR Dource for Best performance and Security

Also PM me i have one source Fully Modified

Using Cache, Less Load on server, Template System and More
    ScL Signups open
    ScI Signups open

Need TBDEV Source Coded? Mods Added etc.PM me. No, am not Pro with PHP, but i am able to install Mods into TBDEV source.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You wouldn't give a car to someone who didn't know how to drive, or ask your friend to do an engine strip if he didn't know one end of a screwdriver from the other.

The only people who should be tinkering with sources and SQL are those who have a background in programming and databases, or those willing to learn as an apprentice to a master coder (rvt).

All these wannabe coders are ruining the whole torrent scene. Look at the leaks of recent times. How many email addresses and IPs are floating about the internet, because some sad hat didn't secure their site properly.

How many plain text passwords are associated with respected usernames, because some clever dick thought it would be a good idea to see what his members' passwords were, then got hacked by a script embryo.

If you cannot service your own car, then leave it to the professionals, or learn mechanics. There are too many SysOps who have no idea what that title even means. They bandy it around like to oversized badge, to impress the young ladies with. It's like the chinless wonder who drives a Porche, even though his brains are in his arse.

And as for offering a source to someone who doesn't know what they are doing, it is like giving someone a hand gun, then laughing as you watch them looking down the barrel as they gently depress the trigger.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    "script embryo"

i nearly swallowed my cigarrette

most amusing post i read in weeks, retro!!!!

if you weren't a sysop you could earn money with writing a weekly column for wired magazine.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-28-2007 at 06:09 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You know when your feeling (no pun intended) old, and that is when your competition is being run by SysOps who haven't yet reached puberty.

When we say, 'Script Kiddies' we are being more than truthful. When a site gets hacked by someone still in nappies, you know your getting old.

The other day, I was chatting with the a SysOp of a well known tracker, and he told me that he was considering retiring from the torrent scene, because he felt ancient. When I asked his age, he responded that he was twelve.

Damn... When I told him my age, he told me that I should be in a casket...

A few years back, the SysOp of a well known UK torrent tracker was arrested by the FBI (the silly kid had hosted the server in the US). The FBI used the usual threats, which didn't sway him one bit. He gave them the finger. It was only after a change of tact, and a years supply of lollipops, that he gave up the details of other members.

When you read some of the posts in this forum, you honestly think that they were written by someone who does not have English as their primary tongue, yet the sad truth is that the reason so many posts are poorly written, is that those writing them have not yet learned to read and write properly, since they are at infant school (not even primary school).

Next time you see a post that looks like it was written by an Israeli or Egyptian, bare in mind that it was probably written by a four year old English child, not yet out of nappies.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You know when your feeling (no pun intended) old, and that is when your competition is being run by SysOps who haven't yet reached puberty.

When we say, 'Script Kiddies' we are being more than truthful. When a site gets hacked by someone still in nappies, you know your getting old.

The other day, I was chatting with the a SysOp of a well known tracker, and he told me that he was considering retiring from the torrent scene, because he felt ancient. When I asked his age, he responded that he was twelve.

Damn... When I told him my age, he told me that I should be in a casket...

A few years back, the SysOp of a well known UK torrent tracker was arrested by the FBI (the silly kid had hosted the server in the US). The FBI used the usual threats, which didn't sway him one bit. He gave them the finger. It was only after a change of tact, and a years supply of lollipops, that he gave up the details of other members.

When you read some of the posts in this forum, you honestly think that they were written by someone who does not have English as their primary tongue, yet the sad truth is that the reason so many posts are poorly written, is that those writing them have not yet learned to read and write properly, since they are at infant school (not even primary school).

Next time you see a post that looks like it was written by an Israeli or Egyptian, bare in mind that it was probably written by a four year old English child, not yet out of nappies.
    i do know what you are talking about and i feel privileged to be a member of some mature communities (including yours).

despite their disability of running a site properly, thank god that most of the time they're not responsible for the content and just take what the scene offers them.

imagine the content of a tracker was based on a pubescent teenager's taste - horrible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast