Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahh Stupid Cable!

Poster
    im using an ethernet port for my Cable Modem and when i loose the connection the lights on my Cable modem stay on but when i try and go to another web page it just says page cannot be displayed and my messangers dis connect

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    It would seem then that your NIC is releasing it's IP. I has to have something to do with the idle time (obviously) but why exactly it is I dont know, but it has nothing to with your connection.

What happens if you disable and reneable your connection, control panel, network and internet, network connection, local area connection, right click disable, right click enable. Or try repairing, right click repair. Befor you do that check and see if you still have an IP - you probably do not, but check. Note: 169 is windows default not a valid IP. If you can just disable and reenable your connection and get back online it aain has nothing to with the modem. I really do not o where to go from there, OEM i would say. I do not know what you have been linked to, did not look, but if that does not help it is deffinatley soft/hard ware.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12