Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahh Stupid Cable!

Poster
    im starting to get very agrivated becausre my stupid cable connection just stops if i leave it for 5 minutes with out any activity but if i keep surfing it stays connected and even then if i visit certain sites it will drop and in order for me to re-connect it i have to un-plug my cable modem wait about 30 seconds to minute and plug it back it and lest it go thru its processs connecting again. does anyone know of what migt be causing this? its really agrivating cuz i cant leave any downloads cuz the connection will drop after about 10 minutes of me leaving the computer by its self.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    have you turned off the "drop connection if idle" option?

if not, go to control panel>network conenctions. right click on internet connection, properties>options then change the "idle time before hanging up" to never.

(info for xp)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I would contact your ISP. Especially if you&#39;re renting the modem.

A cable modem is always always always connected.

Your PC has nothing to do with your cable modem being connected.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 July 2003 - 11:45
    have you turned off the "drop connection if idle" option?

if not, go to control panel>network conenctions. right click on internet connection, properties>options then change the "idle time before hanging up" to never.

(info for xp)
    i went to Control Panel then Network and Internet Connection all it gives me is "Set Up or change internet connections" "create a connection to network or workplace", "set up or change ur home or small office network", "Internet Options", and "Network connections" and when i right click on internet connectiosns it just gives me the options to open or create short cut im on XP Home

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by ToraBoraDweller@25 July 2003 - 11:58
    ]http://www.webattack.com/freeware/comm/fwd...sconnect.shtml]
    hey this said the page was not found if ya couold hook me up with another link it wouold be really kool

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    it worked for me but thats probably opera&#39;s doing. The link shouldn&#39;t have that ] bracket at the end just take it off (and when u quoted take the ] off the beginning as well)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    it goes to that page but sayd file not found.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ilw@25 July 2003 - 23:27
    it worked for me but thats probably opera&#39;s doing. The link shouldn&#39;t have that ] bracket at the end just take it off (and when u quoted take the ] off the beginning as well)
    My mistake : some boardscript-error that I manually fixed wrong.
    @ Pitbul : Just checked page of that site again :link should work &#33; AS ilw says leave last bracket out.
    You&#39;ll find 4 programs on that page.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by harrycary@25 July 2003 - 19:49
    I would contact your ISP. Especially if you&#39;re renting the modem.

A cable modem is always always always connected.

Your PC has nothing to do with your cable modem being connected.
    That depends does the cable light go off when you lose the connection. I would think not, if you called me (work for a cable ISP) and said that you would lose your connection when it was idle, I would tell ya to go to your OEM. Because the cable modem is connected if the cable light is on. What happens to the lights?, what kind of modem is it?, ethernet or USB? If it is usb first thing firt get a NIC.

The inital suggestion from 3rd gen seemed real good but i guess not.

Edit: btw harry carry the suggestion in your sig is the best thing ever, good call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast