Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Members Online List

Poster
    Originally posted by tite-wad+25 July 2003 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tite-wad &#064; 25 July 2003 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@25 July 2003 - 15:40
    What do you use the members on line list for ?
    If that question was directed at me JP, I use it as I stated before - to locate a mod if I need assistance.

I also like to be able to see which of my cohorts are here - and where - without having to go on a random hunt through all the rooms. [/b][/quote]
    We do need to see a members list for the reasons you said.What do we do if we need to PM a mod?How do we know who is online or not?

This needs to be addressed.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    This needs to be addressed.
    It really does...........

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    How often do you guys have to PM a mod.

What&#39;s the worst that can happen here. Someone makes an inappropriate post.

Is it possible to make the online list just be "Online Mods" would that do it.

MOD / ADMIN - that seems like a reasonable compromise. Then the chaps that need to speak to an adult can get you.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 July 2003 - 23:48
    As far as I know....that&#39;s not possible.

BOT

5. Lounge   -   #25
    @ JP - I probably PM a mod every other day to request they delete a double(or triple or quadruple)-post that goes in when I reply in a thread.

And as I mentioned, the "Search by Member" and "Last Click" options are very useful to me. Perhaps not essential - but convenient nonetheless.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Lets see how this one pans out. I&#39;m sure that Jon/VB know what they&#39;re doing.
    If the problems are server realated and need donations to subsidise this then I for one would be happy to pass my cash on to help.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Of course we could ask for a poll&#33;?&#33; What&#39;s wrong with members seeing who is online. It&#39;s not just about knowing which mod&#39;s are online after all. Tite-wad made that point quite clear I thought. In any case the forum is still not running OK. I have had exactly the same problems this evening as most evenings. The pruning is not working.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@25 July 2003 - 22:48
    How often do you guys have to PM a mod.

What&#39;s the worst that can happen here. Someone makes an inappropriate post.

MOD / ADMIN - that seems like a reasonable compromise. Then the chaps that need to speak to an adult can get you.
    I do have to PM either a mod or admin quite alot.If there is no members available list then what is the point in being able to PM anyone in the first place.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Here&#39;s a thought....

For those who want to be listed;

In the lounge, create a sign in/ sign out thread. WITH the understanding that any other posts will be deleted. Post your name and your likely location only. Then edit that one post as needed.
    Each post will appear with the edited by tag and will show the time and date of that edit. Some may forget to edit themselves out, it&#39;s not a perfect solution, But it&#39;s a solution nonetheless.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Out of The Ordinary
    Or better Add all members to Your MSN Messenger, ICQ account or whatever You use

BOT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast