Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Members Online List

chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by nigel123+26 July 2003 - 05:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 26 July 2003 - 05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 07:23
    I KNOW what would take some load off the servers.
    Every month, trash the DBs of all the messages. That &#39;ll do it right quick.
    I know I don&#39;t read &#39;em, although I do think you should save the sexiest lady thread and the spam post. They&#39;re funny.
    Maybe they should begin by trashing yours? That would save a loooooot of space?
    Seriously though, I thought the problem is the server, not the data base. [/b][/quote]
    Ah yes... My garbage, or posts as some call... I must say I&#39;d have no issue with that, as much of what I posted is dribble from what&#39;s left of my pot-fogged mind.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@25 July 2003 - 20:20
    You can disable avatars and signatures from here.

BOT
    Thanks for the tip BOT, everything nice and simple again, loading times much better too. .

3. Lounge   -   #53
    TRshady
    Damn, it really works&#33;

I&#39;ve now stopped showing avatars and signitures and it is instant loading and back to how it should be. That&#39;s maybe whats causing all these problems.

Does the &#39;too many connections&#39; mean exactly that in terms of too many connections to hosting sites and servers for all these images?

I don&#39;t care now anyway, no more avatar&#092;sig for me and I&#39;m all happy.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    chalkmongoose
    I would do that, but avatars and sigs are the best parts of some posts, like mine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456