Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you can't jump to conclusions...

arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Naturally, I thought the worst when I was notified that I 'invited a cheater' and lost my invitation privileges at one of my favorite trackers. Well, it turns out the person I invited was not cheating but logging into the site from a hotel since he's on the road. This could definitely be viewed as account sharing/cheating but can hopefully be explained to the mods.

It's easy to assume the worst about people but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED
    hahaha...the staff usually view it the other way around until you explain the situation to them. so its Guilty until proven innocent. to staff

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    hahaha...the staff usually view it the other way around until you explain the situation to them. so its Guilty until proven innocent. to staff
    Yep...I've had it happen to me but I was able to explain myself. They'll listen if you have a real explanation.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    That's precisely the reason why we don't like it if members tries to go on a warpath and serve their own justice by exposing other members here.

I'm always reminded of that saying, "It takes a lifetime to build trust, yet it only takes a suspicion to crumble it" or something to that effect.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    well at least you didn't name him in public and i suppose the site was only protecting itself so no real harm done

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    I'm always reminded of that saying, "It takes a lifetime to build trust, yet it only takes a suspicion to crumble it" or something to that effect.
    yea it was definitely not those exact words, but we get the gist
    Last edited by DefX; 12-24-2007 at 10:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    yea it was definitely not those exact words, but we get the gist
    Good. Cuz I can't be bothered to google it.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED
    lol...would you go google it if i just said, "I dont know that saying. Quote it with the sayer's name"?

DefX, you crack me up sometimes lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    So does this mean if i move house or change my isp i could be banned untill i explain myself?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED
    I am not totally sure how this works, but you wont be disabled if your ip range is within a certain distance from your previous one.

its okay if you let the staff know you are moving homes. If its about 200-300 miles, you should be fine. But if its anywhere greater than 500 miles, you might wanna let the staff know, just so you are in the safe zone.

P.S. 1 mile = 1.6 Kilometers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast