Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should The Statue Of Liberty.

What's all this nationalistic horse shit about, does anyone see the reality around them?
    This has been a war mostly about trade!!!!!! World War 1 = trade war, World War 2 = trade war....and so on and so forth, the fucking revolutionary war was over trade and tax!!!!
    France, Germany, Russia, old Europe = euro
    America, UK, new Europe(Poland, Spain, any US ally) = dollar/pound

Iraq begins trading oil for euro currency in 1998. Think people, think! Why did George W's father not handle the "regime change" business the first time around?
    Would that cause to much trouble in the region, tied to close to the Saudis and Kuwaitis?
    Instead, lets make Iraqi torture and oppression worse by establishing a load of bullshit sanctions. Then, a decade later, it's finally cool and acceptable to give a shit about them.

So why this war now? Terrorism? WMD? Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!
    WMD, why was UNSCOM not allowed to continue their work? Seems like they were destroying a considerable amount of weapons. Terrorism? Let me tell you about the terrorists, people close to Bin Laden used to cruise around America in fucking limousines!!!!!!!!!
    All France and Germany wanted was to continue the UN process. Why?
    Just because it would be good for their business? Maybe, or maybe they just didn't want a goddamn lunatic war on their hands. Has anybody posting here ever been to France?
    I have, and I remember seeing alot of arabs there, specifically in Paris. Algerians.
    You think their politicians don't realize how serious a situation they'd have on their hands if they started attacking an arab country? They were beaten out of Algeria.
    And not only that, but whole sections of Paris have been mobbed and rioted in the 90's. Remember the L.A. riot's, well, same thing happened over there, for similar social reasons.

Here's the situation; Bush Co. jury rigged the elections, the 9/11 attacks mysteriously happen, corporate media magically whips naive insecure people into a frenzy of shallow nationalism, war ensues.
    Where's France during the last phase of this fucked up process? Minding their own goddamn business, hoping the stupidity of King George's New America falls flat on it's face.
    Meanwhile, folks like me(born and raised in America), grow increasingly ill and hostile towards mealymouthed appeaser wannabe patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by leave no trace@4 August 2003 - 09:38
    What's all this nationalistic horse shit about, does anyone see the reality around them?
    This has been a war mostly about trade!!!!!! World War 1 = trade war, World War 2 = trade war....and so on and so forth, the fucking revolutionary war was over trade and tax!!!!
    France, Germany, Russia, old Europe = euro
    America, UK, new Europe(Poland, Spain, any US ally) = dollar/pound

Iraq begins trading oil for euro currency in 1998. Think people, think! Why did George W's father not handle the "regime change" business the first time around?
    Would that cause to much trouble in the region, tied to close to the Saudis and Kuwaitis?
    Instead, lets make Iraqi torture and oppression worse by establishing a load of bullshit sanctions. Then, a decade later, it's finally cool and acceptable to give a shit about them.

So why this war now? Terrorism? WMD? Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!
    WMD, why was UNSCOM not allowed to continue their work? Seems like they were destroying a considerable amount of weapons. Terrorism? Let me tell you about the terrorists, people close to Bin Laden used to cruise around America in fucking limousines!!!!!!!!!
    All France and Germany wanted was to continue the UN process. Why?
    Just because it would be good for their business? Maybe, or maybe they just didn't want a goddamn lunatic war on their hands. Has anybody posting here ever been to France?
    I have, and I remember seeing alot of arabs there, specifically in Paris. Algerians.
    You think their politicians don't realize how serious a situation they'd have on their hands if they started attacking an arab country? They were beaten out of Algeria.
    And not only that, but whole sections of Paris have been mobbed and rioted in the 90's. Remember the L.A. riot's, well, same thing happened over there, for similar social reasons.

Here's the situation; Bush Co. jury rigged the elections, the 9/11 attacks mysteriously happen, corporate media magically whips naive insecure people into a frenzy of shallow nationalism, war ensues.
    Where's France during the last phase of this fucked up process? Minding their own goddamn business, hoping the stupidity of King George's New America falls flat on it's face.
    Meanwhile, folks like me(born and raised in America), grow increasingly ill and hostile towards mealymouthed appeaser wannabe patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That makes everything clear!? You forgot to answer the question!

3. Lounge   -   #33
    I didn't forget, I simply don't care what is stamped on it. For all I care, it could have MADE IN HELL stamped on it. It is what it is, most every American knows the story behind it, or thinks they know. What difference does changing a label like French Fries to Freedom Fries or MADE IN FRANCE to MADE IN ASS make?!
    It makes no difference.
    The actual syntax in this thread, the heart of it, is people's delusional misconceptions about France..... the title of this thread is just pretext.
    An apologetic question.
    But, if it will make any of you feel better, I'll answer the question. And I'll even give it the proper ignorant spin. But, please allow me to start the theard over with my own spin.

Should we needlessly alter some shit on The Statue of Liberty?

Yes, of course. We should change the label, it must say; MADE IN THE HEARTLANDS OF AMERICA, BY GOD!
    And we shouldn't stop there, we need to paint it red, white, and blue, top to bottom.
    On her back, the words; FUCK FRANCE must be inscribed in old English.
    Verily, she needs to be bigger. Fatter around the middle, we must make her obese.
    On her tablet the words; Go forth, kill your enemys and suck my clit, bitch!
    Last but not least, we shall replace the stone torch with an actual giant flamethrower, a pipeline running straight from Alaska to her will provide a nonstop flow of fuel.
    She'll be badass man, watch out!!!!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    well.. that might be a little over the top normally... but I kinda like it!
    When do we start?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I've already started, it's my idea! Now I'm going to copyright it, publish it and join the RIAA!
    And, I'm having second thoughts on all this WE business.
    In fact, I'm going to no-bid contract out the work to illegal Iraqi immigrants.
    Construction begins July 4th 2004.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    WW2 was a trade war?

I must have missed that day in class.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #37
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I've already started, it's my idea! Now I'm going to copyright it, publish it and join the RIAA!
    I was with you 'most' of the way untill you mentioned the RIAA.

Perhaps you should follow a career in politics, or start a new religion?

No perhaps not, I think you're to open and honest with your thoughts.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    WW2 was a trade war?
    I must have missed that day in class
    School is back in session and you've got keys to the digital library.

Search engine tips;
    Trade embargo Japanese economy WW2
    WW1 WW2 Germany arms race global finance banking

to much to list, but the info is out there

9. Lounge   -   #39
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Japan didn't enter WWII until 1941. WWII began 1939.

WWI was more about secret treaties and leftover imperialism than trade. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. Lounge   -   #40
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Was it not 'Made in Taiwan' ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast