Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on downloading bittorent with wifi

1st of all "HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS" OK heres my question i am using some ones unsecure wifi connection around my neighborhood and im using it to download music and movies right now will i be caught using it to download movies and music??? i assume i am to safe because they are tracking the persons wireless / cable modem ip and not me

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    depends if your neighbours are nerds.. if not i dont think they will have programs to track their bandwidth, i use my neighbours sometimes when im on my psp
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I think that you risk more stealing the wifi, then downloading from p2p :|

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/ind...ifi-go-to-jail
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 12-25-2007 at 01:17 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    believe me all my neighbors are old people like mid 40 50 ish and are not nerds so im good then

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    if you upload at to high of a rate and they call up their ISP complaining about their speeds then they could realize someone within wifi range is using their internet, but other then that i wouldn't worry about it to much.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Torrent away.... they should have security in this day and age, it's their fault not yours lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i like doing that. its like having your own little seedbox

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by acemanep View Post
    1st of all "HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS" OK heres my question i am using some ones unsecure wifi connection around my neighborhood and im using it to download music and movies right now will i be caught using it to download movies and music??? i assume i am to safe because they are tracking the persons wireless / cable modem ip and not me
    who is going to "catch" you?...
    whole cities are going free wifi..don't believe the propaganda..
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Torrent away.... they should have security in this day and age, it's their fault not yours lol
    exactly!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I think you could easily be detected by the wifi owner, because when you do torrenting it'll eat up a lot of bandwidth, sooner or later the wifi owner can detect your connection from within the router

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast