Originally posted by Neil__@25 July 2003 - 20:09
    How much do they control America?

Neil.
    my uncle is in CIA but he doesn't do shit

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by leave no trace@4 August 2003 - 21:54
    Idiot? I prefer mongrel.
    Rude? On this occasion, you are right, that one is IRrefutable.
    Badly written? Hey, you can read it can't you?
    Dogmatic drivel? I prefer tawdry bombast.
    Elsewhere? Point taken.
    People who may be more interesting I should hope.

Last post, apologies if I offended you, no need to respond, I'll not be reading it.
    You're learning 'leave no trace' you just need a little 'tolerance Eva'

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Originally posted by leave no trace@4 August 2003 - 19:25
    "The C.i.a., Has controled countries for too long."

Lets not forget that they're also responsible for keeping the West democratic and capitalist. If black ops is what it takes to keep me and mine out of the research lab of society's doomed adventures, I'll have more please.
    That's a pretty goddamn pathetic statement.
    In fact, I'm not exactly sure how to properly ridicule it.
    leavenotrace, first off you might want to back off on the trashtalking, especially when responding to my posts. you're not really serving any useful purpose by explicitly 'ridiculing' a post (even though you've not even come close to it here)...ladies and gentlemen of good upbringing know that ideas are to be evaluated on their intrinsic worth, and leave petty personal squabbles masquerading as debate to the less enlightened in society.

anyway, i stand by what i said. the cold war was all about the clash of 2 ideologies vying for control of the world, and i'm damn glad the communists lost. failure to acknowledge this simple fact will get you nowhere with right-thinking folk. the cia does bad things, this doesn't not necessarily make the cia bad.

So, of course there have been victims of american imperialism, there most certainly have been. A careful reader might well have picked up on my allusion to this rather obvious point in the "me and mine" statement, implying that I have not personally suffered negatively (in any obvious and tangible way) from the cia's black ops. People of south-east asia, the middle east and latin america are likely to have a less agreeable experience.

I have not heard of operation artichoke, thanks to you it's been added to my list of things to look into if and when i have time. But the overwhelming odds are that whatever the story is about, it won't have any effect on my stance -- my point is a vast, sweeping, acutely insightful summary of the nature of power politics. Whatever you're story is about, it is almost certainly anecdotal in nature, and therefore of no meaningful relevance. Get back to me after taking a peak at something along the lines of the leviathan.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I was in CIA just long enough to learn how to control myself and those in close proximity (say, no more than arms-length?); I never wanted to dominate entire countries, just my own little milieu-I must say, it works very nicely.

Myfiles, JPaul: does this character remind you of anybody?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345