Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Tool For Previewing Avi's

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    so where both almost one year old now

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@26 July 2003 - 10:23
    just thought i'd make a little tutorial for people so they know exactly how to use this app

firstly, you need to identify the partial download (dat) file you are trying to preview. to do this, use kdat. this will allow you to see which dat file you need to use.
    once you have identified the dat file, copy it to the same directory as you extracted the avipreviewc program to. to keep things easy, i have avipreviewc on my desktop.
    once you have copied the file, change the name to something which is easy to type, for example, movie.avi
    this is where it gets a little more complicated for novice users.
    open command prompt (dos)
    then in dos change to the directory where you have both the partial download and the avipreviewc program. do this by using the cd command
    (e.g. to change from c:\documents and settings\A L to my desktop, all i have to type is "cd desktop")

now, type in "avipreviewc movie.avi movie2.avi" (without the inverted commas(you will have to change "movie.avi" to whatever you renamed the partial download to. also, "movie2.avi" can be anything you like, however, remember the .avi extension))
    just press enter and the program will go to work at creating the new movie file.

the new movie file will be created in the same directory as the partial download file and the avipreviewc program.
    it should contain all the downloaded information you have from kazaa and should be playable in most media players.
    all this to preview a movie

Naa sorry, videolan anytime

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@3 January 2004 - 14:39
    all this to preview a movie

Naa sorry, videolan anytime
    apathy rules
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    practicality rules

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@3 January 2004 - 14:47
    practicality rules
    if something&#39;s worth doing, it&#39;s worth doing right

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+3 January 2004 - 14:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 3 January 2004 - 14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AndrewBarker@3 January 2004 - 14:47
    practicality rules
    if something&#39;s worth doing, it&#39;s worth doing right [/b][/quote]
    yes...don&#39;t get me wong, I think you do a great job on the forum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+3 January 2004 - 15:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 3 January 2004 - 15:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@3 January 2004 - 14:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-AndrewBarker
    @3 January 2004 - 14:47
    practicality rules

if something&#39;s worth doing, it&#39;s worth doing right
    yes...don&#39;t get me wong, I think you do a great job on the forum [/b][/quote]
    oh...thanks...

i was just quoting some old clichés there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123