Thread: Blu-ray Streaming on PS3

First of all, not sure if this is the right forum for this but I didn't know where else it would fit..

Anyways, I see all these nzb files for bluray movies. I have a PS3 and I have newsgroup access. Is it possible to download the bluray movie and stream it from my PC onto the PS3 somehow? Or copy the files onto an external harddisk and watch it like that? I really want to see the quality of blurays but im not willing to spend money on them

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    zxion's Avatar Taste Good BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Interesting question, i'm curious too. I am highly doubtful though :/ usually blu-ray formats are what mkv?

3. Games   -   #3
    I'm not really sure tbh, I usually download them but I get too lazy to extract so I just trash them.
    Is mkv compatible with the ps3?

4. Games   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Not yet, but i heard it will be soon but thats from the hdd.

http://www.tversity.com/home

i have also heard you can use this for streaming .mkv, but i have never tried it.

5. Games   -   #5
    I'd try TVersity is it was Mac compatible =/

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Blu-Ray movies are huge files to stream, it might be choppy but I guess you never know.

7. Games   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i just tried TVersity with an x264, streamed wirelessly with the ps3 and it worked fine.

but if your on a mac i havnt got a clue, maybe you could install bootcamp and windows on it (im clueless regarding macs though) just informing you it does work.

8. Games   -   #8
    zxion's Avatar Taste Good BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    wow stoi now i am going to do that! LoL