Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help transfering files from seedbox to pc

Poster BT Rep: +3
    i have flashfxp installed on pc and serv u installed on seedbox can anyone help me set it up i havent got a clue

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    if you got servu installed there, i dont see what the hassle is. create an account for yourself on servu and login to it using flashfxp. you should be able to transfer everything you need

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If you havent set up serv u . Here's a tutorial. It will get you the basic functionality I think.

http://www.submissionz.com/resources/serv.html

As for flashfxp, here's how to transfer files and setup ;

http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.ffxp-tutorials.php

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thanks i got it working but downloading from server really slow. An average of 250kB/s and my download speed on pc is 2.4MB/s and upload on server 12.5MB/s. So why so slow?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I am not really sure about the slow speed. My wild guess would be ports not open on the server? But on the other hand, its being uploaded, so ports should've been open

Are there any speed limits on the program settings for serv u?

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    no there isnt any speed limits in the setting. Could i use the same port i use in utorrent because i know that port is open

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I dont have a seedbox, so not really sure. Perhaps, more experienced users may help out

But you can surely try. I dont think its a good idea to use the same port as utorrent. If you do, I'd suggest turning off utorrent and then try.
    Last edited by wrongun92; 12-27-2007 at 06:40 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    xfter rate across ftp isn't going to be what it is when you are torrenting. When you are torrenting your connection is sending in theory to X amount of peers who may have Y speed connections. When you are downloading from ftp your computer only has one connection and it is no where as fast as the server connection.

Side note: I've found it way more effective to download stuff to the seedbox that I don't want or need and ust seed them. Everything else I download locally.
    BitMeTV - x264 - What.cd - TTi - TDC
    S** - rTT - TL - Goem - Waffles - TR
    HDBits - Flower - S*T - Seedbox - Home

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    What's the location of your home PC & the seedbox?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Try transferring multiple files from your seedbox to your pc simultaneously. Your ftp server and client should have that option.

Speed should improve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast