Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for BitmeTV!

If anyone can help me out with this tracker, I'd so appreciate it. A lot of times I'm out at work and don't have time to catch my favorite TV episodes or in many cases, older TV shows that I may not be able to find anywhere.
    Last edited by sonofisis; 12-28-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: No trade..

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofisis View Post
    and if you're looking to build and eventually giveaway, the most efficient way of doing that is through trade. Asking is usually a matter of being lucky or having good timing as there will always be people more qualified than you.
    You couldn't be more wrong. The best way to get into the sites you want to is to get to know the people in the communities you're already a part of. If you show a little patience, you WILL get what you want.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ...and if you're looking to build and eventually giveaway, the most efficient way of doing that is through trade. Asking is usually a matter of being lucky or having good timing as there will always be people more qualified than you.
    ...and there goes your chances at BitMeTV legitimately.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    like these fine young ladies before me said, there is no excuse for trading, you can get all you need without it and usually a lot quicker. not only that but the sites most people go for here are community sites, why would you want to join a community under someone elses name? shit doesnt make sense to me.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    ...and if you're looking to build and eventually giveaway, the most efficient way of doing that is through trade. Asking is usually a matter of being lucky or having good timing as there will always be people more qualified than you.
    ...and there goes your chances at BitMeTV legitimately.
    Like I said, I'm the nicest person I know and have been asking for over a year. I have no idea what you mean by "legitimately", but the way I go about attaining an invite other than cheating for it, shouldn't be a main concern if the inviter has some confidence in my willingness to share and be a useful contributor. I speak from experience when I say that most people don't care. I simply offer other spare accounts in exchange on good faith but I'm not looking to treat BitMeTV as a collectors item, I really would love to be a full time contributor, but most people don't care and would rather know what level 6s or 7s you have to trade.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    The fact remains that you're showing everyone that you're willing to give up an account/s (new ones at that) at other trackers to get this one. Who is to say that you won't trade up your BitMeTV for a higher level?? Once that's done... it's out of your hands and could eventually ruin someones entire invite tree.

if the inviter has some confidence in my willingness to share and be a useful contributor.
    Confidence is not gonna come easy when you're letting go of other trackers.

The simple fact is that you 99% lost your chance at a BitMeTV invite as soon as you said trade.
    Last edited by RandomNewbie; 12-27-2007 at 09:17 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    like these fine young ladies before me said, there is no excuse for trading, you can get all you need without it and usually a lot quicker. not only that but the sites most people go for here are community sites, why would you want to join a community under someone elses name? shit doesnt make sense to me.
    Firstly, I look for an invite, not an account. I wouldn't accept an account no matter what. Also, I again respectfully disagree and I think it's time for a few of the anti-traders to start being objective and putting yourselves in our shoes.

It is in no way quicker to ask for an invite than to offer something in exchange. That is just hyperbole, let's be realistic. Yes, I myself have a lot more respect for those who give rather than trade. It is a sign of a serious file sharer, no nonsense type of user. However, their generosity can't feed us all. I'm not burying myself either as I'm sure I'll receive a BitmeTV invite and prove to be a great contributor there no matter what, but I'm speaking my mind. I'm against the anti-trade mentality simply because they are branded almost as horrible people, when a great many are simply trying to get what they need, while offering things they don't. This is a lot quicker than asking.

Walk up to any person on the street with a 5 dollar bill and ask for 5 ones, I'm sure 5/10 will have it for you. Walk up to a random person and ask for 5 dollars off hand, and you'll find that to be more difficult, no matter how nice you are.

The simple fact is that you 99% lost your chance at a BitMeTV invite as soon as you said trade.
    I don't accept or believe that people on here are that shallow and won't listen to reason.. I doubt that they are robots without discretion. That 99% figure is made up. By just being a random person asking for a BitmeTV invite, my chances would be even lower. I figured this was a long shot coming in. I'll show you though. When I do get the invite and build up, I'll come right back here and give away whatever invites I have, since I truly respect the posters here. Just watch. I've yet to see any one on here give away an invite from this site, but I will. The point is that I need no other high level trackers, if so, I'd be asking for them. Why would I trade BitmeTV? Those accounts offered are also spare ones. I've never traded a lone account that I needed nor a tracker that is hard to get into, that's just selfish and unappreciative.

And please, no more interlopers. If you aren't looking to help me out, then please ignore and I'll eventually close the thread. I feel disrespected by the interference in people who can't help me trying to impose an opinion on those who can.
    Last edited by sonofisis; 12-27-2007 at 09:52 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    a little advice: until you get BitmeTV,use TvT.ro.It's a great tracker,have lots of shows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    a little advice: until you get BitmeTV,use TvT.ro.It's a great tracker,have lots of shows...
    I really have no problem settling right now and if it's a decent site to support my general needs, I don't mind checking it out. Never heard of it, but I definitely will.. thanx. I recently applied for a Hulu invite as well and am waiting on them too.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    that community remark and account remark werent towards u directly, mainly the ones who get level 9/10 sites through account trading.

"It is in no way quicker to ask for an invite than to offer something in exchange. That is just hyperbole, let's be realistic."

really? well ur right that it takes the same amount of time to ask for an invite as it does to offer something in exchange but the amount of time it takes to actually get what you want will be vastly different. for instance if you had a clean history here and came off as a nice active guy i would have invited you myself already, but you dont so you're stuck here without an invite.

"When I do get the invite and build up, I'll come right back here and give away whatever invites I have"

that isnt a positive thing either, when we invite people to bmtv we want to know that they will be very careful with their invites just as we are because if you just give them to anyone who asks they might cheat or be a bad user in other ways and that will fuck you and your inviter over. just use tvtorrents, your bmtv would be gone shortly anyways from the look of things im reading here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast