Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac torrent Apps

PowerPC- Azureus
    Intel- run uTorrent through Parallels, Crossover or Bootcamp.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    If you have an intel mac, there is no better option than crossover and utorrent. period.
    you may be right, but the op was asking for mac apps and not for an emulated windows software.
    i just figured since crossover is a mac app, it qualified... either way, best option.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    You'll find that most trackers that are worth it don't ban the newest version of Transmission, first of all.

Second, unless you are running a gig of ram I suggest staying away from Azureus like the plague. And unless you enjoy the same memory hog I would suggest not running utorrent because of the emulation software required.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ive always wondered, why is it that so many trackers ban the new transmission? Its far and away my favourite mac client, although i long for the release of mac utorrent
    "This one time, at band camp..."

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    because it's often reported false upload/download data to the tracker

read on utorrent forum, seems like there would never be utorrent written for mac os x

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by jj4evarb View Post
    ive always wondered, why is it that so many trackers ban the new transmission? Its far and away my favourite mac client, although i long for the release of mac utorrent
    Who bans it? There was one version banned, but the newest update works almost everywhere.. at least to my knowledge??

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    because it's often reported false upload/download data to the tracker

read on utorrent forum, seems like there would never be utorrent written for mac os x
    ahh okay

and as for mac utorrent, im pretty sure that development is ongoing, and the guys at torrentfreak have a beta version which is supposed to be pretty stable.
    "This one time, at band camp..."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    madbeer's Avatar brewed locally BT Rep: +1
    you could try Tomato Torrent:

http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/

I have never used it but have heard about it. I am on a macbook pro and I run transmission 0.96 and its working great. I liked the configurability of azureus but when I installed leopard I tried out transmission and never looked back.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    thanks for the replies, azureus it is.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton View Post
    thanks for the replies, azureus it is.
    good choice mate, i'm using it as well.

best client imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast