Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever....

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    So, I am one of those users that tries every tracker out to test and see which tracker/community is the best for me. Unfortunately there is one downside....accounts unused need to be removed...

It has come time for me to get rid of some accounts, and I just hate doing it.

I wish you could get one invite to giveaway for each tracker that way the account wasnt made in vain.

I mean for the 3 I am deleting right now, I have mega buffers on them, but thats it, I just upload and have nothing to grab from the site, so its just a waste right now...and their communities are....inactive at best.

So here is one to deleting unused accounts (tips back the bottle)

Dont you hate that?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    That is the best way to do it without causing chaos or distrust issues.

The Spirit of Something Greater

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yes, that happend some times. You register just for curiosity or just check it. And then you figured out that you don't use it, because you have one better, or you just don't like the site. You put to seed some torrent, park the account or directly delete the account.

Yes, I hate that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    give the accounts to me!

i know what you're talking about. and the best thing to do would be to ask your friend if you could check out the site you want through his account, so that you wouldnt go through the trouble of getting an invite. i've done it myself.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I very rarely join trackers unless I have a vested interest/somebody else invites me. I'm not going to register for some random site unless I full well know it has torrents that I want.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNa View Post
    give the accounts to me!

i know what you're talking about. and the best thing to do would be to ask your friend if you could check out the site you want through his account, so that you wouldnt go through the trouble of getting an invite. i've done it myself.

You wish, I will never give any of my accounts away even to my real friends!

Let alone its against tracker rules

Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    I very rarely join trackers unless I have a vested interest/somebody else invites me. I'm not going to register for some random site unless I full well know it has torrents that I want.
    Ya but see I dont go to sites just for torrents....if I was in it just for files, then I would just use news groups as you dont need to worry about anything at all and the speeds are 10x better

The only way to find out if a site truly works for you is by testing it out
    Last edited by fatcat69; 01-01-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Ya but see I dont go to sites just for torrents....if I was in it just for files, then I would just use news groups as you dont need to worry about anything at all and the speeds are 10x better

I'm not talking about scene sites, which you seem to be very fond of. I'm talking about the specialty sites that cater to a very specific set of interests. And when you go to a site with what you want that is of high quality, you end up with a knowledgeable and enjoyable community. I joined TT because it is the best tracker for what it has (and what it has you can't necessarily find on newsgroups) and that means the community enjoys those genres of music just as much as I do.

But hey, enjoy your 50 scene sites okay .
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    I agree with registering for trackers that you know you want, but sometimes you have to try them out. Im prolly going to have to toss my lower level stuff that I don't need anymore. But there are some sites that I just didn't like and those accounts will either fade into inactivity, or just be deleted or never accessed.
    BitMeTV - x264 - What.cd - TTi - TDC
    S** - rTT - TL - Goem - Waffles - TR
    HDBits - Flower - S*T - Seedbox - Home

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yea i have alot of sites that i don't care about due to a lacking community or torrents they don't have that i need!! Also have about 10 trackers that i can always rely on for specific things which i love and cherish.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

I'm not talking about scene sites, which you seem to be very fond of. I'm talking about the specialty sites that cater to a very specific set of interests. And when you go to a site with what you want that is of high quality, you end up with a knowledgeable and enjoyable community. I joined TT because it is the best tracker for what it has (and what it has you can't necessarily find on newsgroups) and that means the community enjoys those genres of music just as much as I do.

But hey, enjoy your 50 scene sites okay .
    No need for the sarcasm mate, I wasnt attacking you up there. Specialty sites are in the same box as scene sites though:

For example...we can go with gaming sites or music sites

There are atleast 30 music trackers I know of, atleast 10 use the same layout on their sites as well. It would be impossible to know which is right for you without trying them out

Gaming sites: There are a few big ones: bcg, ug, bg, iplay, wii tor, ntor, xbox sky (which sucks btw) now without trying any of them out, how would you know if bcg was better for you or bg or iplay without trying them out? They all offer the same thing and have decent communities.

You can also do the same for any category, anything you want has multiple options as far as which community you can join...

that is all I was saying up there
    Last edited by fatcat69; 01-01-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast