Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Country for Old Men (2007)

one of the best movies ever...

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    helll yeah this movie is realy good you should watch it

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Superb movie from start to finish. Loved the ending, so jarring that I had to go back and watch it again.

The movie just stopped without any conclusion to the characters or storyline. How did you see it as the best part?
    The whole film (and I guess the book) played with our preconceived notions of what a "story" should be like. We were shown unimportant scenes whilst we only saw the after-effects of some major scenes, the film became something you had to actively participate in. The ending fits perfectly, there is no conclusion in the narrative of real life and we are forced to share Bell's despair and sense of hopelessness by not being given the answers we want/expect.

As least, that's how I saw it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Member BT Rep: +1
    i think its not very well

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Definite's Avatar RAWK BT Rep: +1
    Coen Brothers! Fargo!!!

Definitely one of the best films I've seen this decade. Great performances, fascinating character study, and very chilling. Go see it now.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I thought this movie was good but not great. I would have liked it better if they would have shown what happen to the protagonist then telling about it. I guess i'm a little too hollywood lol. I'm glad they followed the book so closely though.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    good movie

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    This movie was outstanding. Didnt hear much of it so did not have high expectations but nonetheless this was a great film. Very good character development, acting was good Javier Bardem does an exceptional job portraying a psychotic villan. The storyline although quite dark was relatively easy to follow.

I would highly recommend you watch this movie.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Yes, great movie. Nice acting from several actors.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Good film, odd ending. Very scary killer with a very scary hairdo!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast