View Poll Results: Would you give your FTN invite to a person on a forum?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 15.85%
  • No

65 35.52%
  • I don't have an FTN account

89 48.63%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you giveaway your FTN invite..

pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    With so many requests,i would love to know would you giveaway your ftn invite to some person on a forum. With the inherent risks of giving it away to an unknown person (chance of cheating/ User could be some collector, and the site will be pretty unused). Also staff seem to be throwing out lines like "Please make sure it is a genuine "friend" and not someone in a forum, unless you don't want your FTN account anymore..."

Sorry this isn't the most coherent of posts, but i was thinking about making this thread when i was outside, and the heat fried my brain.
    Also if your voting yes, i refer to you have either done it, or would do it for at least more than 1 user, that is if you are waiting for the right person, than just vote No.
    Also if you become friends with them outside the site, and wish to invite them, then that still classes as a no on this poll.

Last edited by pandabear; 12-28-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: panda attacked me, couldn't complete in one go.

Someone invite me to fsc please

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    InXS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    tell you the truth i dont think people are going to post and say they would cause others will keep pming them

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    That is exactly why i put a poll. A poll is one place where people will be honest (or atleast i hope so).

My thoughts are well no at the current time, a few request have peaked my interests, but in general I am still in the no camp, because of the risks. However recently i have considered it a lot more than i did in the past.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by corey93 View Post
    tell you the truth i dont think people are going to post and say they would cause others will keep pming them

I don't think it's public viewing, so it don't matter!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i would but there are a lot of criteria you have to meet with me before ill consider it and then i look at your posts and make sure you seem like a chill person so it usually takes a while for me. i would expect no less from someone else inviting me and if i have any questions about someones past i ask them which i would also expect.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    /me wubs his 1 invite

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    A strange person on a forum who I didn't know, no, of course I wouldn't.

A person a forum who I knew to be worthy of the invite, who could possibly be classed as a friend, yes, of course I would.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I have quite a few of my own friends to take care of before

I usually help out people with lower level invites and if they show good behavior in terms of ratio and no cheating and no getting banned then I try to help them with some bigger invites if I know them well enough by then

Lot of people want ftn but they dont bother to read the reviews or get more information except that great community and 36hr seed rule

Don't want to end up with someone who just likes the idea of ftn rather then using and participating to the fullest

In terms of contents ftn is no better then any other 0-day tracker except for good packs and speed. The good stuff about ftn is not related solely on content. So better enjoy the content from other places and when you understand and ready for the extra stuffs go for ftn

ps: after this post if I get a pm for ftn you will never get one
    Last edited by fazzy07; 12-28-2007 at 04:57 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i dont have an ftn account.

if i did though, No probably not, i would give one to my staff though, and maybe very good members of my site.

but then im not a member, so havnt got any invites, so no idea what i would do if i had one.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    A strange person on a forum who I didn't know, no, of course I wouldn't.

A person a forum who I knew to be worthy of the invite, who could possibly be classed as a friend, yes, of course I would.
    How well can you honestly say you know someone. If you get to know this person, get their msn/icq/etc, become friends with them outside the site, then they can be classed as a friend, so it wouldn't apply as in the context i ask.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast