5 22.73%

4 18.18%

0 0%

3 13.64%

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Vs Predator 2: Requiem [2007]

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    well, i didn't like it. i liked AvP1 better & it was rated PG-13. well, in the theatre it was. AvP2 is rated R, but it still didn't deliver. kinda a let down if u ask me. maybe i'm missing the big picture, but the alien & predator movies are just dog shit now. what happened? maybe some day a director with skills will step up & take the challenge...

Unrated Trailer.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    maybe i'm missing the big picture, but the alien & predator movies are just dog shit now. what happened?
    I'm surprised you thought it might be good.

What's left for them to show...we already know what the Alien(s) and Predator(s) are and can do so we know going in what the enemies are capable of...there's no suspense.

If you think back to the originals (with Alien being my particular favorite) it was the "unknown" factor that made them scary.
    In Alien, we didn't even really see the monster till the very end.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'll watch this one out of curiousity but the only decent movie of recent times that I've liked featuring these two space monsters was Batman: Deadend.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I am not surprised. AVP1 was not that good either.........The first predator was the BEST. Arnold was just simply amazing in that one....

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    I am not surprised. AVP1 was not that good either.........The first predator was the BEST. Arnold was just simply amazing in that one....
    I agree with that

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    Agreed.

I liked the first Predator (damn good actually, wonder if it's on hi-def disc yet) and I liked Aliens the best of all the Alien movies.

I watched Aliens and my jaw dropped. James Cameron should make all films. The Aliens were scary and there was nary a dull moment. Alien was second best only cuz it was almost a run-of-mill monster flick. Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger's vision made it great (Blade Runner another new dir. cut on HD-DVD, btw).

I also like movie crossovers in theory. That was cool how the Alien skull was in Predator 2....very cool.

However, the reason these movies end up sucking is because the movie writers stray from the original story.

In the comic book, the Predator stole Alien eggs, dropped them on inhabited planets, all hell broke loose, and he'd jumped down into all the hell that broke loose.

Wtf was Hollywood thinking with the first AVP? Hell Charles Bishop Weyland was all out of continuity.

From the previews, this AVP seems to be more on target so if this sucks than that's it for the series.

I remember Sigourney Weaver saying that she wanted to die (in film) cuz she didn't want anything to do with the AVP.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I agree with u Busyman

They tweak around the original scripts alot these days. In the first movie Predator is totally different with the ones they show in AVP. Also the storyline is quite realistic.....and I dunno what's more scary.....seeing Arnold as buffed as he was back then or the Predator

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Predator 1 and Aliens are the best in their franchises. AVP R is better then AVP (the first one) Problem with AVP R is the low budget and cast which sucked badly. Other then that AVP R was much better then the first which had a high budge but trashy director. Paul W Anderson has ruined alot of good films. Especially The Resident Evil series which has nothing to do with the games.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Predator 1 and Aliens are the best in their franchises.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by grimms
    AVP R is better then AVP.
    i don't agree. i thought AVP was better than AVP R for i like the storyline better in AVP and the last fight scene i liked as well. sure, AVP R had more blood, but it wasn't put together properly. hell, the ending in AVP sets up AVP R quite well too. speaking of which... what's teh deal on this new mutated alien/predator thing anyway? lol, that shit was a joke. it barely moved. it was slow when it did. not strong at all. it was just worthless imho. i could prob dig up more, but it's time to eat...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Hudds30
    I reserve the rite 2 comment when i finally get 2 c avp2 r but its nt looking promising

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast