Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Are trackers staffs taking profits from donation ?

Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The problem isn't that torrent sites are taking money and profiting.

The REAL problem are the RETARDS WHO GIVE THEM MONEY.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i've donated to a tracker more then once before, does that make me a retard ._. i wouldnt mind that if some trackers save some money for a rainy day, ie. being taken to court
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    FYI, staff as a whole hardly ever profit from donations.

Paypal accounts are in 1 persons name and usually managed by the owner (aka the person who has his name on the servers). None of the other staff have any idea how much money is actually going into that account or what the real server costs are.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    the staffs are worth to be payed for all of their efforts building and maintaining the site for a better community, but taking much more than $2000 per month ??? that's too much

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i hoped this had died but as it hasnt.

from personal experience, less then 1% of tracker members actually donate to sites, and thats just donations never mind VIPs. VIPs are probably less than 0.2% of total tracker users on a tracker.

like someone else mentioned you get good months and bad months, but even the good months are less than 1% of all users on the tracker.

Its not like we hold a gun to your head and say donate or else, we dont charge you for entry, you can use the site free of charge until it closes if you wish, if you dont like how much certain trackers are getting, delete your account if you feel that strongly, you dont have to use them.

but dont then turn around and say i pay for Newsgroups and other forms of P2P, as to me thats just hypocritical.

We cant stop people from donating, well we can but if trackers got 0 donations, there wouldnt be any trackers left.

Now im not saying that 0 trackers are making an insane profit, but surely thats their business and the donators that donate to those sites, If you never donate to any sites, then i cant see how you can have any arguments, as you are getting all this for free anyway.

so to me if you dont like it, leave the sites, never use bittorrent again, but like i said from my experience and this is going back 3-4 years as a tracker owner, you are lucky if 1% of your members donate, and im not talking VIP amount either, i mean $1 a month which paypal takes a huge chunk off anyway.

all this XX site make $XXXXX per month isnt getting anyone anywhere, well the MPAA etc are watching and laughing their tits off, they dont need to do anything, bittorrent and the "communities" are ripping themselves apart anyway over this.
    Last edited by stoi; 12-30-2007 at 06:49 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    do i object to torrent site owners making money from donations when i am getting the vast majority of my downloads totally free? no not at all.

do i donate to torrent sites? yes, ive donated to several sites and will continue to do so as and when i can.

if donations keep the site going, then thats all i care about and i dont lose any sleep wondering if profit is being made.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I believe not all the trackers making profit. Because it is very hard to run the trackers because you always taking risk by doing so. If you help the right community by donating and I believe that will help the community afterall the money is for improvement and to maintain the server that runs the site.
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345