Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Private ftp

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    This is something i just stubbled across fairly recent and it cought my eye as quite impressive.

I was in some random chat room on one of the torrent sites i use i was chating away in main chat and somebody obviously noticed me and this person just popped out of the blue in private message. We began to chat for quite a while how you where from this that bla bla.

He was one of the uploaders of this site and he started talking about ftp servers and he asked me if i have ever used an ftp server so i said no no he gave me a little taste of how it looks and the what sort of content and he was telling me you can choose from so and so amount of TBs all the way upto 30.

I was quite confused because this is all new and i must say i was impressed with just this little taste speeds very good nothing to share and being such a large amount of data on god know how many hard drives i never even thought the net consisted of that much data haha.

What i wanted to know is if i was to contact the person again to get full access how does it work? are these the places that stuff comes out first then passed around the net on bit torrent sites?

Are they exspensive ? do you need to know the right people or get invited. is it difficult to get used to are they worth the bother are there any limits .

Does anyone know what i'm talking about or am i in lala land if you do please could you clear this up for me and explain.

Cheers
    Last edited by sleepyy; 12-30-2007 at 06:15 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    No one's going to talk about this sort of stuff in a public forum.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    KennyD is right: its top secret stuff.

But I would also like to know more about it too.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    melatonin's Avatar the entertainer™ BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    Ignorance is bliss
    " Verba Volant Scripta Manent "

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    lol

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    just take care its not pay to leech

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's the area51 of filesharing. I wish I could get in but its REALLY hard if you don't have the right stuff to do it. Basically private ftp's don't let you access unless you have something to contribute, like money or ripped content. There are some lucky people that know the owner of the server personally and get access for free and don't have to share anything just leech content like madmen, and if you are one of the few lucky ones...i envy you.

The easiest way I've seen someone get in was by offering a bunch of rare bittorrent sites in exchange for an account at a private ftp 14tb server. Good luck tho!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    It's the area51 of filesharing. I wish I could get in but its REALLY hard if you don't have the right stuff to do it. Basically private ftp's don't let you access unless you have something to contribute, like money or ripped content. There are some lucky people that know the owner of the server personally and get access for free and don't have to share anything just leech content like madmen, and if you are one of the few lucky ones...i envy you.

The easiest way I've seen someone get in was by offering a bunch of rare bittorrent sites in exchange for an account at a private ftp 14tb server. Good luck tho!

IF that's how it is i let it be i never would have thought the subject would have been this sore i will find him and just see what happens i only wanted to know what's what before i jump into something i don't know so i don't look as if i'm an idiot.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 12-30-2007 at 05:47 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I don't know much either. I do know that there is a higher risk of being caught by the feds and arrested - still not likely to happen though.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    It is an amazing topic and I like that we can talk about the basics on this forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast