Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think Windows Vista compared to Leopard ?

nkhlsrf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    im an avid xp user..havent tried vista n dont even plan to try it aftr the rave reviews..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Does Vista going to be the VIRUS home in future..

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...-McAfee_1.html
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post
    Does Vista going to be the VIRUS home in future..

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...-McAfee_1.html
    Of course, if Mac ever breaks into that kind of volume usage, virus writers will go after it, too.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    right now Mac doesn't have viruses not because not too many Mac users around the world, but the OS itself, basiclly a BSD, Unix OS, that has a unique different kind of security that makes impossible to make a virus there

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Vista sux not sure about the Mac but if you have to upgrade to install security updates Mac's sux too . Whats your point my friend , what do you want to do with your computer ?

I'm old school by the way , still happy with XP, your asking apples and oranges .
    Definitely agree. Vista still hasn't picked up from it's support for device drivers slump. Don't own a mac (Love tiger though) and am fine with my Windows XP SP2 (Which has all the support in the world, well?..almost) I hope Microsoft decides to support XP fully gain though. (Can't wait for SP3 final version)

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I read about Vista, actually I noticed the improvement there, but seems like just another skin for Windows while it lacks support for numbers of drivers, and one thing that makes feel sorry about Vista is they didn't write the codes from the scratch, Microsoft just continued the old Windows 3.1 codes. If they were started to write from the scratch, like Apple did when they jump to Tiger from Panther, it maybe a different story now about Vista

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    I read about Vista, actually I noticed the improvement there, but seems like just another skin for Windows while it lacks support for numbers of drivers, and one thing that makes feel sorry about Vista is they didn't write the codes from the scratch, Microsoft just continued the old Windows 3.1 codes. If they were started to write from the scratch, like Apple did when they jump to Tiger from Panther, it maybe a different story now about Vista
    Don't get me wrong Vista is a Beauty. It's just that it's driver support is next to none. I heard it's been slowly getting better. Too bad cause directx 10 could be gotten in Vista.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I like both vista and leopard but they both break a few on my third party applications so I had to downgrade and upgrade later.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    it's a common problem on all new operating system but I think the drivers problem shouldn't be a very big issue, I know that some of 3rd party peripherals also don't work at Leopard at the moment, but it's only a few numbers, while almost all works flawlessly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12