Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help On Purchasing A Video Card

if you're doing gaming... the ati 9500 pro beats both those cards hands down... and is cheaper. the 9500 pro is the same card as the 9700 (not pro) basically...

it's hands down the best middle of the road video card you can get.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    kooky_kramer's Avatar Poster
    anymore support from the ati radeon camp ??

i only originally chose a geforce, because they are what i have had in the past and have served me well. (my 32mb 3D Prophet is still kicking

i consider the DX9 support to be important because i am dribbling over half-life and doom 3 as are the rest of the world, and i dont want my card to be outdated instantly because of games that arent DX 8 compatible

Dont get me wrong im not an idiot, but the 20 - 30 fps pitbul is getting out of the 5200 is good right ?? as in not choppy, nice and smooth ??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    jeez. things are expensive up there.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I recently purchaced a Ati 9500 pro for 189.00 US and it runs all my games pretty well. I use to buy only graphic cards with nvidia chipsets but I saw the bench marks for the 9500 pro and I now believe that its a better card for that price range. It also has DX9 support so its ready for future games.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    the Geforce Ti4200 is faster than the Geforce FX5200 but GeForce has DX9 support - simpley put i can put it: Ti = wizzz, Fx = pretttyy

Originally posted by jkmatt
    I recently purchaced a Ati 9500 pro for 189.00 US and it runs all my games pretty well. I use to buy only graphic cards with nvidia chipsets but I saw the bench marks for the 9500 pro and I now believe that its a better card for that price range. It also has DX9 support so its ready for future games.
    i think the 9500 isn&#39;t being produced by Ati anymore so are hard to find and a tad more expensive then it should be
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Ex-member
    The best way to future-proof is to buy a card with DX9/OGL1.4 support.

---&#62; Geforce FX5200

I have one, and it&#39;s sweeet. Very pretty graphics

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    kooky_kramer's Avatar Poster
    thanks for all your replies, im pretty well decided on the FX5200 now, especially since there is a model to add remote control ability to your computer, which is excellent for me because i use my computer as a jukebox running through an amp and then an equalizer, so i have to get up to change the volume.

my last concern is how much life im gonna get out of the card, are we talking half life 2 and doom 3 ??

and are leadtek winfast a good brand or should i try something different ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12