Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Mod-chip Should I Get

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by inferno_gn@27 July 2003 - 17:47
    Hi there,

*lol*  It make me curious if you can afford to buy the consoles, but not the games, why bother getting them in the first place?  There are many games droping in price (you can even get some "great hits" for 30&#036.  I'm not some maniac to buy a 70$ game, except if it is really really good.  I just wait.  You can also try renting them before buying them as well.

Just a note, when you get the mod chip, it can screw up your PS2 and your Xbox, so be careful.  I find it what's the point in all this, downloading the gane, then you need a DVD burner and DVD disc, chance that yuor console get screwed up.  I think you're gonna need to invest a little before getting the benefits of copies.

Jules...
    BOLLOCKS!!!!!

i have copied 150 PS2 games in the last 3 months, and i know i can get 150 XBOX games in the next 3 months when i get it chipped. so my reckoning at $30 a game = $4500 and thats just for the PS2 ones. Add the Xbox into that and thats $9000 in 6 months, im sure as hell know i couldnt afford that. my PS2 has been chipped for 3 years and still works fine.

stoi

and why wait, when you can have them in some cases a week before they are released or months if you think of USA/JAP/Europe and the differences in release dates.

2. Games   -   #12
    Hi there,

To stoi, wow, 150? Myabe I should get myself a mod-chip. *hehe* well, first I have to get the console. Money is tight when you're a full-time student. Teach me how!

The only good thing I like about coping games is that when a game is no longer availible, just get a copy.

Jules...

3. Games   -   #13
    Twist3r
    get the xbox modchip cause u can use ur xbox as a divx player vcd player svcd player dvd player all without the remote all u need is the xbox media player
    u can copy ur games 2 hard drive a with modchip
    u can also get NES emulaters for ur xbox the posibilities are endless!!!

4. Games   -   #14
    of course you can mess up your xbox with a mod-chip, but who would be as so stupid to installing a modchip without reading up about it. If you read up about it then you won't mess it up. I've been reading about 3 weeks at xbox scene forums and i've learned a great deal about them. I'm getting mine shortly and i'm installing it myself.

Hi there,

*lol* It make me curious if you can afford to buy the consoles, but not the games, why bother getting them in the first place? There are many games droping in price (you can even get some "great hits" for 30&#036. I'm not some maniac to buy a 70$ game, except if it is really really good. I just wait. You can also try renting them before buying them as well.

Just a note, when you get the mod chip, it can screw up your PS2 and your Xbox, so be careful. I find it what's the point in all this, downloading the gane, then you need a DVD burner and DVD disc, chance that yuor console get screwed up. I think you're gonna need to invest a little before getting the benefits of copies.
    Think about it. Most of us are kids with no jobs and just spend most of our time on the computer. The only time we get money is on birthdays and christmas. I my xbox for my birthday and got 1 game with it. Now my money's gone and i won't have enough for a xbox till christmas. I have enough just for a modchip. Now i got a questionf or you. Buy the modchip and get as many games as i want for free........ Get one more game and wait till Christmas. Tell me what you would choose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12