Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aol's Own File Sharing System

So, you guys ever use the aol "secret" file sharing system?

Its been going on since 1997, i believe.

Its surprisingly massive.

I haven't used it myself but only heard about it.

You go into a chat room. Request a movie. Similar to IRC.

All the OP's have to do is forward you the mail.

The aol system is great. If you attach any file, it stores in aol database for 28+ days. So all the ops have to do is forward you the email that has the file. And you will be downloading from the aol server NOT the Op's.

The beauty is that you get maximum speed. People ALWAYS get the max speed since you are downloading from aol server.

One movie is about 60 emails. Which would be a pain in the ass to download manually. So there is a program that automatically adds all the attachment emails to your download manager and downloads them for you.

All you have to do is use winrar to get the cue/bin file after that.

It’s actually quite interesting.

So i want to know more about this.

I don't use it. Don't have aol anymore. But i heard thousands of people are signing up for a special plan (Your internet connection, but use aol) for 9.95 a month just for the file sharing network.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Is there any way to access it without having AOL?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Aol r fucking stupid, they bitch and moan about their movies (AOL/TIMEWARNER) being shared on kazaa and it's going on right under thier noses -- retards

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Bebi@26 July 2003 - 15:04
    Is there any way to access it without having AOL?
    No.
    That is why people are switching to a plan that aol has.

It lets you sign onto aol for a fee of 9.95 using your internet connection.
    Example - I could use Optimum Online to sign onto aol. So the 9.95 is basically just for the screen name.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by MetroStars@26 July 2003 - 15:08
    Aol r fucking stupid, they bitch and moan about their movies (AOL/TIMEWARNER) being shared on kazaa and it's going on right under thier noses -- retards
    You under estimate aol.
    They know all about their file sharing network. Frankly they couldn't give a rat's ass.
    They are getting thousands of people to sign up for aol, just because of that.

They want customers. They will do anything to get them.

Note - Riaa has not sued anybody that is using aol. Soon the news is going to get out. People are going to switch to aol.

Think about that.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    You under estimate aol.
    Yep i did, they will do anything for customers, I imagine the fat cat bosses would even pimp thier own mother...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I have AOL,for my sins,but have never tried to do what your on about.I remember reading about it before.

Would be grateful for anymore info anyone has on this subject.Thanks.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by N£MO@26 July 2003 - 15:38
    I have AOL,for my sins,but have never tried to do what your on about.I remember reading about it before.

Just go to chat. And try some chat names. They might not be that obvious, but some are.

Are you fimiliar with IRC?

Its similiar to that, you request it. And the bots send you the email.

The emails contain a small .rar file. You will get a LOT of emails.
    But thats why there are programs that make your life a hell lot easier.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by stonecold1203+26 July 2003 - 17:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stonecold1203 @ 26 July 2003 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-N£MO@26 July 2003 - 15:38

Just go to chat. And try some chat names. They might not be that obvious, but some are.

Are you fimiliar with IRC?

Its similiar to that, you request it. And the bots send you the email.

The emails contain a small .rar file. You will get a LOT of emails.
    But thats why there are programs that make your life a hell lot easier.

[/b][/quote]
    Yes,i am familiar with IRC.I&#39;m going to have a look around and see if i can get some more info,cheers.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by stonecold1203+26 July 2003 - 15:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stonecold1203 @ 26 July 2003 - 15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MetroStars@26 July 2003 - 15:08
    Aol r fucking stupid, they bitch and moan about their movies (AOL/TIMEWARNER) being shared on kazaa and it&#39;s going on right under thier noses -- retards
    You under estimate aol.
    They know all about their file sharing network. Frankly they couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass.
    They are getting thousands of people to sign up for aol, just because of that.

They want customers. They will do anything to get them.

Note - Riaa has not sued anybody that is using aol. Soon the news is going to get out. People are going to switch to aol.

Think about that.
    [/b][/quote]
    In this latest batch, nobodies been sued yet, the RIAA&#39;s just been trying to get the info from the ISPs first, then they will start suing in August (and of the 900+, I bet they&#39;ll pick out the ones least able to fight it, and have no relationships to congressmen ).

With AOL, they can skip straight to suing your sorry ass, cause they already have your info on file.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast