Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Software/reg-cleanup

Edit
    Last edited by Ninjastyle; 10-11-2006 at 05:39 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Just checked out reg finder, no problem, no freeze. Actually I only care for the registry cleaner within JV16 anyway, that's always been it's strongest point in my opiinion of using it for the last few months.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Another good one is RegScrubXP

Features

Safely cleans junk out of the Windows2000/XP System Registry, making it smaller and faster to access.

All changes made to the Registry are fully restorable to it's original condition.

You can make an exclusion list of Registry entries that RegScrubXP will not display as problems.

You can sift through a list of File Extensions, Company Names, "Run Upon Startup" programs, Internet Explorer History, and Uninstall programs to delete what you think is junk.

Tweak the Registry with the easy to use Tweaker! Additional help file with dozens of XP tweaks!

RegScrubXP is absolutely free, no strings attached! Pass it around! Give it to your friends! Let me know what you think of it!

What is RegScrubXP?
    RegScrubXP is a very popular utility designed to delete unnecessary information from the System Registry of Windows 2000 & XP operating systems. This "junk" is often left behind when programs are uninstalled, and the information is not needed anymore. Programmers mistakenly load the Registry with junk as well. The result of cleaning out the junk is a smaller, faster Registry. Your operating system accesses the Registry a lot, so keeping it clean is a good idea! RegScrubXP also helps you tweak your Registry to provide a more pleasant computer experience.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Hey skelley I cant find that software any where. any one know where I can find it.

BTW has anyone tried WinXp Manager. Its got about 20 differnt tools in it and has a cleaner also...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i dont think reg is such a big deal, wat is it like 1mb after installin 50 progs?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i think my ashampoo winoptimizer suit does all the stuff u asked fer
    n besides when unintsalling stuff...use ...Your Uninstaller....it deletes all da left overs that the windows uninstalller ignores

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I use a somewhat aging software called Ontrack SystemSuite 4.0.
    It's a utility suite similar to Norton SystemWorks or whatever, but I like it alot better.
    It's got quite alot of things to it, including Firewall & AntiVirus, though I don't use those two components.
    Here's a kazaa hash for it:

File:Software - Ontrack SystemSuite 4.0.rar
    Length:31190155 Bytes,30459KB
    UUHash:=80wpDU2Uo3DHqtTlEXjuF1vR/hY=

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    vaha16
    I think you should try Boost XP because that program has a lot of features and it can help you a lot.

Here is a link for the website or you can search kazaa to find the program but beware a lots of them have viruses.

Boost XP is a complete collection of all of the necessary tools to keep your system running smooth, faster and errors free. It is an optimizing program plus your personal manager to increase the speed of your Window System.
    It is an ultimate system tools office. It is a combination of multiple utilities to fine your tune your performance. Boost XP not only includes to fine tune to your system but also includes utilities to keep hard disk clear and split/join files.
    Boost XP runs on all Windows versions XP/98/ME/NT/2000.

Boost XP contains more than 40 different utilities in one. It is not only a tweaking or optimizing program but a complete personal toolbox.

Boost XP Features (Click below for more information)

Personal Management
    Manage Your System
    Wallpaper Changer System Information
    Appointment Planner Manage Auto run Programs
    Logon Settings Modify System Folders
    Privacy Protector - Clean all the traces...

Security Boost
    System Performance Boost
    Start Menu and Desktop Security Ram Optimizer
    Internet Explorer Security Task and Uninstall Manager
    Block Execution of Certain Programs and Windows Tools Performance Tweaks

Tweaking Options
    Registry Cleanup and Backup Tools
    Fully Customizes the Windows Start Menu. Registry Cleanup
    Tune Windows Task Bar Registry Backup and Restore Service
    Desktop Settings
    Fine tune your Windows
    Choose Font Smoothing Type

File System Boost Utilities
    Internet Explorer Boost
    Split Files. Manage Internet Explorer cache
    Fix Broken Shortcuts Manage Internet Explorer History
    Remove Junk and Obsolete Files Manage Internet Explorer Cookies
    Secure (WIPE) Delete Files and Folders Fine Tune Internet Explorer

Customized Windows
    Change File Icon
    Customized Folders

Hope it helps!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    I just downloaded RegScrubXP.
    Used it and found many problems that I have completely no idea about. So i just click fix problems. Well registry cleanup doesn't cause any difference in terms of system performance so I guess it's for self-security issues .

Anyways, I may give boostXP a go but I have magictweak on my PC right now and I hope the installation of boost won't gimme a software corruption.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    "Well registry cleanup doesn't cause any difference in terms of system performance"

That's not true, maybe go read up on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast