Thread: Having issues with a few files today concerning passwords.

I have tried to download several files today. I keep getting files that ask me for a password. I am not very experienced with Newsgroups, I have been using for about 2 months, that's it, but have not seen this problem as frequently as I have today. I am using giganews, pan newsreader, all on ubuntu linux. My question is, am I doing something wrong? I can't figure out why all the sudden everything I try to download wants a password.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    What files did you download that were passworded?

I download some karaoke mp3+g uploaded by thenzbplace team which are usually passworded so I had to sign up with them to get the password.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I don't have the file names - but the movies were I am legend - no country for old men - and a couple others I could not remember - I found them all by newzleach. The good thing about it was I decided to look for a forum on usenet, something I should have done when I started - I have learned a lot in a couple days and now have found the absolute best news client I have ever seen, SABnzbd....

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Finding files with passwords is just bad luck, it has little to do with what you are doing.

I would download the .nfo for the set, read it and see if there is a password in it. If not, I'd try the group name. If that doesn't work, delete it and download another copy.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude75ph View Post

I download some karaoke mp3+g uploaded by thenzbplace team which are usually passworded so I had to sign up with them to get the password.
    Was it a problem having to sign up,I don't suppose it took more than a minute and didn't cost anything.
    Theres a lot of sites out there that use passwords,its a way they get new members.More members means more uploads so everyone benifits.
    Thats my take on it anyway.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by golfman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude75ph View Post

Was it a problem having to sign up,I don't suppose it took more than a minute and didn't cost anything.
    Theres a lot of sites out there that use passwords,its a way they get new members.More members means more uploads so everyone benifits.
    Thats my take on it anyway.
    It was no problem signing up and it didn't cost me a thing