Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about cheats...

Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    I'm sure most peeps know that the cheat prgs used obviously lie to the tracker about the upload speed of a client/user.

I do not and will never cheat. BUT, I really don't want to trade with a cheater and end up getting banned for inviting one. So my question is this,
    Let's say I doing a trade and the guy I'm dealing with sends me a few screenies of his client showing him busy uploading at fast (but believable) speeds and also showing the tracker names ect. If he is cheating...will the u/l speeds displayed by his client (uT let's say) reflect his actual up speeds or his spoofed (cheated) u/l speeds? Thx...
    Last edited by Zaxx; 01-01-2008 at 04:33 AM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Can't you just get him to do a speedtest over the internet?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    True. Asking for connection speed proof is common enuff to ensure they can maintain a ratio on a fast site but I just don't em to think I'm calling him a cheat so to speak.

I'll try asking on a cheaters forum somewhere...ugg...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I personally, just photoshop my ratio shots, then post a fake speedtest on a 3rd party host. I don't really bother with utorrent shots, too noob.

Someone invite me to fsc please

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    I personally, just photoshop my ratio shots, then post a fake speedtest on a 3rd party host. I don't really bother with utorrent shots, too noob.
    Seriously, with trackers using a solid color background, why would ANYBODY not just add a few spaces to their ratio shot to make it appear better. Just make sure to do the math right! 8/4 is 2, not 3!

/sarcasm
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    My q is being missed...does Ut display true or fake speeds when being used to cheat??

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i have no idea. never used them. no need to ... always believed in seeding is caring

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Utorrent is apparently very easy to photoshop. If you want a good indication of speed, ask for a speedtest, which is hosted on the speedtest site, so you know its proper etc.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i think your best bet would be asking for a direct speedtest link, not hosted on imageshack
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    My q is being missed...does Ut display true or fake speeds when being used to cheat??
    No one answer your question because only cheaters knows the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast