Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wire Season 5

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    try scrapetorrent or isohunt.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    gr8 news, cant wait 4 the rest of the eps 2 come out.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The Press angle is so necessary.
    Poor Bugs.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    The guy who was posting the episodes got pissed cuz everyone was complaining. I dont know what gives people the right to complain since their getting this shit for free. Glad I got HBO. Good episodes though...everything in Baltimore is fucked up. Can't wait till Omar makes his presence.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Yup I just cut HBO & Cinemax back on cuz of The Wire.

I went ahead and watched it last night.

Also there are 3 shorts On Demand as well.

1967 - Proposition Joe - has him as a kid and how he got his name.

1985 (?) - Omar - has him with his brother and a friend robbing someone but Omar shakes things up a little.

2000 - Bunk & McNulty - Mcnulty's first day and meet up with Bunk.

Each one is about 2 min.

Each one was very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemen22 View Post
    I'm guessing this will be the best season. Which means...holy shit it's gonna fuckin good. It has to end sometime though. I'm happy this is the final season...if they kept making more seasons it would eventually start to suck. Curb your Enthusiasm should of done this. What a disappointing season that was!
    I have to disagree with you there.

I always hear (mostly from brats overseas) about how shows over get worn out. However, when is the proper time to quit?

I mean season 2 of The Wire kinda sucked. Imagine if it ended then. Imagine if The X-Files ended after season 3.
    The fact is that many shows over here that last a long time, last because they are good.

Look at The Office. Over in bratland, it lasted 2 seasons because Ricky Gervais said he doesn't like milking project or exploiting them. The other thing of note is that he said that he put so much into the 2 seasons that he ran out of ideas.

It's also worth noting that the seasons only has 6 and 8 episodes respectively.

Now look at the US version.

The first season had 6 episodes.

The second and third had 22 & 23 episodes (resp) and the fourth season has a whopping 30 episodes. There was even 10 spin-off webisodes.

All of this and the show is going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemen22
    Damn now I wanna watch it now. Is it available anywhere other than bitmetv? Damn should I wait till sunday and watch it on my nice tv, or watch it now on my shit computer?
    Wait to watch on your nice TV.

I had similar caveats to watching On Demand versus waiting for the HD broadcast but didn't wait.

Watching on a computer monitor simply sucks.
    Yup I agree. Gotta watch it on your television. I couldn't wait and will always be ahead by a week. Can't wait until i'm able to watch episode two of the wire. Yea X-Files didn't get good until the end of season 5 and season 6. Those were th best seasons besides the very first season. Also season2 of the wire was horrible until the last couple of episodes. Season 3 was the pinnacle.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-04-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: edit

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12