Thread: Can't See Videos On My Tv

Poster
    when i hook my tv up to my pc i can see the desktop and all that but when i go to play a video it doesnt show up???

can anyone help me?

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    *Grunt*
    Can you please provide a little more depth, explain what hardware you are using to connect the TV, ie TV cards ect, state cables used also.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    The answer is! (if you use NVIDIA drivers)

You must go to your Video card settings and tell the PC that your primary video display is TV.

Try this...

Ideal TV settings in picture...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    thanx but im using a Radeon 9000 pro. the other problem is when i am watching movies the screen color goes bright then dark again and also every now and then the whole screen goes blue for a couple of seconds then returns normal. also when i try to go to overplay controls to adjust my color settings to the ones you said it says that overlay will automatically be detected during the playback of a movie and also one more problem is that my screen resollution is set to 1024x768 but the size of my screen on my computer is real small how do i change that and also on the tv the font is unreadable how can i make it clearer so that i have the best possible output on my tv from my videocard???

thanx for all the help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    one more thing, lol under all my ATI setting there are two tabs that i dont know what they are one is OpenGL and the other is Direct3D, can anyone tell me what these tabs are for???

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Yeah, one is for openGL, the other is for DirectD.

Some games use OpenGl, such a a few DOS games I am aware of. Most Windows games use Direct3D (DirectX). they are just two different modes of 3D rendering. Those tabs allow you to tweak the 3D settings.