Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Are Outside Usa, Increase Your Shared Mp3's

If you live outside the USA, please increase your shared mp3 content. This will help counter the RIAA's recent actions of sueing their own customers.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Altough some in Australia and the UK may not agree with this logic Spock.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Fine, those who do, can help out and increase their mp3 content.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    aren't people in the UK kind of protected from the RIAA though?

The data protection act should prove a fairly big obstacle for those overcharging idiots.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by ripdemon@26 July 2003 - 23:14
    aren't people in the UK kind of protected from the RIAA though?

The data protection act should prove a fairly big obstacle for those overcharging idiots.
    there is an equivalent agency in the uk

they're not as proactive as the riaa though
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    good to know they&#39;re so proactive I never even knew they existed

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    British Phonographic Industry bpi have been kinda active.
    I remember some of my favourite http sites that used to provide copies of promotional songs was shut down by them without a response even after 100&#39;s of e-mails asking why.

we do have slighty more protection then us citizens that is why they seem to have been less active.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Okay, let&#39;s get something clear here. For whatever country you are in, try this.

Go to a local store that sells music and movies. Pick any one of the major artists/labels. Is there a small "c" with a circle around it, or the letters "tm" on the label anywhere? If so, it is copyrighted and/or trademarked. You can be sued in civil court for sharing them.

Everyone got that now?

It&#39;s now rocket science. Copyright laws aren&#39;t exclusive to the US. There are many lawyers out there making sure the music and movies(et al) distributed all around the world are protected.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Yes correct 4play...i dont know anyone in real life anymore that uses kazaa lite. All of my friends that used to, have stopped because of the RIAA. And some do have kazaa lite but they dont share. Damn f-ing RIAA. I still share though.....Long live KaZaA Lite&#33; The RIAA is going to start arresting and sueing USA Citizens in August. I have my fingers crossed that im not one.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Arresting?

You guys crack me up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast